All reviews blue tooth choice hotels free parking modern hotel bathroom mirror fire pit usb plugs great shower great facilities large tv close to the airport happy hour bed and pillows downtown la buffet breakfast booked this hotel late check
Selected filters
Reviewed January 2, 2020

My husband and I was in LA area shooting a commercial and the production company set us up here and we decided to stay a few more days to make it a get a way. Location is not the best for sightseeing, but rate was very low and the beaches/piers/restaurants were a short Lyft drive away. Hotel was super clean and front desk employees were very accommodating. Seemed that most people used it as a close place to stay for the airport.

1  Thank Taranixon
Reviewed December 24, 2019 via mobile

This is is one of the relatively few hotels in Los Angeles. It was built new from the ground up three years ago (go look at the historical photos on Google Street View) and is in great shape.

I got this one by booking blind on Hotwire and got a terrific rate. I have had rather mediocre experiences with Choice Hotels’ other brands in the past, but this was my first time with Cambria. I was pleasantly surprised to discover that Choice is trying hard to turn the corner with this new brand. It looks Choice is trying to position Cambria to compete against Courtyard by Marriott or Hyatt Place.

The room was everything I ask for in a hotel room: big, quiet, comfortable, clean, and pleasant. I slept very well. No funny smells or unusual sights noted. The hotel is situated in El Segundo south of LAX, conveniently located for quick access to I-105 and I-405, but far enough that you can’t hear the LAX airplanes at all (it helps there are several big office buildings in the way).

The hotel has a heated outdoor swimming pool. The front desk said it is kept at 75 degrees but it felt a little warmer, more like 77 degrees. I was very happy to get some swimming done during my SoCal visit.

There are only a few downsides I can think of. The elevators are slow. The hotel charges $10 per day for parking and they don’t post signs outside telling you which lot you can use, so once the front desk explains it to you, then you may need to go outside and move your car. The hotel location is good for visiting the Westside and South Bay (which I was planning to do) but is inconvenient for anywhere north of downtown LA. The location is also quite isolated and you need a car. But these are all really minor.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed December 19, 2019

I LOVE this hotel.The staff is professional, capable, and I would even say caring. The hotel is new, clean, well kept, modern and beautiful. The location is near major highways/roads but feels secluded in a commercial district. I am planning to stay there again. The two bedroom with a sleeper sofa was great for our family with young adult son and daughter having their own space, unlike at most other hotels. I had no complaints, although I did not like the bathroom barn door, but trust, you want to stay here.

Room tip: Hotel has two bedroom suites with a sofa bed to accommodate larger families.
Reviewed November 30, 2019 via mobile

Close to the airport with free shuttle service every half hours. A nice buffet breakfast to get you on your way. Modern, comfortable and spacious rooms. Very friendly staff that can answer any question. If I ever have to fly out of LAX with an overnight I will be staying here again.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed November 23, 2019 via mobile

Found this gem while looking for a place for my mom to stay overnight before her early morning flight to Hawaii out of LAX. It’s a newly built hotel so everything was in amazing shape. They offer free shuttle to and from LAX which was a top priority. The room itself was very modern, comfortable and convenient. The coolest feature was the Bluetooth inside the mirror in the bathroom!! I was able to play my music while getting ready:) The beds are super comfy and included everything you needed; toiletries courtesy of pure, in room safe, mini fridge, iron and board and plenty of towels.

As far as the amenities, the gym was a really good size with all updated equipment and available 24 hours. They also featured an outdoor fireplace and pool.

The check in staff was very accommodating and I even received a text message after check in to ensure I had everything I needed. Definitely recommend Cambria (Choice) Hotel for your next travel accommodations!

Date of stay: September 2019