“Breakfast yay - dinner nay”

Yosemite View Lodge Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 6 Restaurants in El Portal
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

I truly enyojed the breakfast buffet which contains some nice warm dishes and a lot of fresh fruit.

So... We thought we would do dinner as well since the breakfast was nice.
Ordered the Prime Rib. Not so "prime".

For dinner take the extra drive to Yosemite Lodge Mountain Room Restaurant and order yourself a Filet Mingon. That's a steak!

1  Thank enurweb

Reviewed May 6, 2013

We had a great meal and view of Yosemite Falls, where we had just hiked to the top of. My steak was done perfectly and the salads were great.

1  Thank Ourroadlesstraveled
Reviewed April 30, 2013

The food and service were both excellent, and it was slightly less expensive than the Ahwahnee dining room. Alot better than the frankly depressing food court, that's for sure.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

Wife had trout that, while farm raised, was quite good. I had ribs that came out of a pre-packed frozen pack. Salad bar was fresh, but consisted of iceberg lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, some kind of pasta salad and a variety of food-service pack dressings. Adequate, but like everything in a seasonal destination, pretty limited effort to satisfy the customer. It could have been just the beginning of the season, but .....

Reviewed April 25, 2013

Let me start by saying I'm picky...I don't like bag salads, super salty food and the fresher the better. For El Portal, this was ok. The salad bar was pretty bad, but I had a decent chicken dish. My husbands dish was oversalted. The waiter was very attentive.