All reviews yosemite national park tent camping closest town location location location short drive would stay again living room stayed here for nights fridge electricity accommodations convenience
Reviewed August 24, 2011

had everything we needed for an RV park including an hotel next door with a swimming pool.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Mav1244
Reviewed July 28, 2011

We made reservations for two nights and we could not make it to the first night. Manager claims that he told me of the cancellation policy, which I don't recall. But I do clearly recall that he would charge my card when I got there. When I arrived, we disagreed about whether he told me of the cancellation policy and what finally ticked me off was that he charged my card before I even got to the campground! What was worse was his lack of customer service skills - at one point he told me to "get out"! I mean at that point isn't it just plain dumb to refuse a potential customer? Needless to say, I did get out of there because what's the point of arguing with a manager who doesn't even know the meaning of "service"?; as I left saying "we don't need this kind of service", he scoffed at me saying "service? what service?"

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank dhwan
Reviewed July 27, 2011

We booked this place for three nights due to it's proximity to Yosemite Valley of course, and based on the one picture on their web site it looked okay. It was not... this place crams RVs, Campers, and Tents into every nook and cranny, so you have no space and no privacy whatsoever. Then, it expects everyone to use 1 restroom. The roads around it are not paved, so kids can not really ride their bikes and it plays host to tons of folks renting RVs and just stopping in for the night on their way to Yosemite Valley. (I won't get into how I saw several RV renters accidentally discharge their sewer lines right onto the ground.) Overall this place was a dump and our camp site was right up against the highway, heard cars all night. The only bright spot was that we got to use the pool at the hotel next door.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank clancellotti
Reviewed July 13, 2011

Lets be real, folks. This RV Park and Campground only exists because Yosemite is insanely popular. People decide they want to camp in Yosemite and quickly realize the campsites all get booked 6 months in advanced. That's what happened to me. I booked a month ahead of our trip but that wasn't soon enough for Yosemite so I was forced to look elsewhere and ended up camping here.

The campground is kind of a joke. They squeeze every last person they can get on here so there's absolutely no privacy. They have one bathroom building for the entire property and a total of 1 men's shower and 1 women's shower and then 2 men/women's shower which brings the grand total to 3 showers per gender. There's about 150 campsites at this location so you can quickly understand why nobody comes here on their own. But considering that they are constantly packed, I don't understand why they haven't upgraded their facilities. Just build a nice bathroom/shower building that can hold enough people and you will have repeat customers.

I hope that gives you a good picture for what this campsite is like. If you didn't plan far enough ahead for Yosemite then you don't really have a choice (unless you pay more for the hotel next door or down the street) This site is very close to Yosemite, however, which makes it very convenient.

Room Tip: There are none
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank nelagster
Reviewed June 25, 2011

Ok, I am not the outdoor, country person type....but I fell in love with Yosemite. We booked a cabin at Indian Flat. They have an RV Campground and a camp site as well as hotel with pool, grocery store and restaurant. We stayed at a cabin with a bedroom, living room that has a couch (2 people can sleep there) and you have to double beds in the room, kitchenette w/stove and fridge (pots, pans, plates and utensils) and own private bathroom. We loved it even though we feel a little guilty that everyone else around us was camping and roughing it out. The cabin was my kind of camping and being that we were not locals, our only choice other than the hotel. Everything was sold out so make sure you plan your trip ahead of time; we tried to extend our stay there but they had no rooms available anywhere. The staff was very helpful...when we first went into the the cabin the a/c was not working but when we called the front desk they sent someone that got the a/c to work. I highly recommend this place. This place is only 10 minutes away from Yosemite's main entrance.

Room Tip: Please reserve ahead of time.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family