Lowest prices for your stay
$87
View deal
$87
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
Priceline$87
Hotels.com$87
travelup.com$120
2,530 results
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed April 23, 2019

Rooms are reasonable clean, reasonable decorated and reasonable quality, no luxury or anything extra, just enough. That said rooms are large and car can be parked very near (convenient), tv is limited and NO INTERNET SERVICE - AT ALL!, Unless you pay $12 per 12 hours.

We didn't use the inside pool and outside pool was under maintenance (inside pool wasn't calling...).

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 20, 2019 via mobile

I read before about the rude staff, but tried to put this aside and concentrate on the other positives. But when you experience it first hand it’s hard not to be affected.

We arrived about 9pm after a 10 hour drive, I stood at the reception There was one guy talking in front to a member of staff, so I waited, there was a lady tapping away at her computer sat just behind them, I locked eyes with her and she continued to tap away, I tried to give her the benefit of the doubt and thought perhaps she didn’t serve and was just doing the admin, so I waited. A few minutes later, still stood there a guy approaches the side of the reception desk to purchase something, the lady jumped up to serve her customer, opened mouthed and now quite annoyed, once she served him she eye balled me over, without even saying a word to me, I asked if I could check in. Her general approach to me was awful, rude, no pleases or thank you’s. This was my first experience of Cedar lodge and it stuck with me. Was it because I was a female I wondered. She 100% saw me, and knew I was waiting.

Other than this, the room, location, food was great!!

We would also like to mention what a joy Micheal the barman was, he was so knowledgeable and interesting and made our night in the restaurant quite enjoyable.

But Cedar Lodge read your reviews and please do something about this woman!!!

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
4  Thank Alslater1978
Reviewed April 15, 2019

Close to the park via a scenic route along the Merced River that passes by Half Dome and El Capitan. Rooms are clean and adequate. Restaurant staff are friendly and helpful. Gift shop is sparse. A lounge area with a fireplace would be a nice addition.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank NCDTampa
Reviewed April 15, 2019 via mobile

Went with my family. The place is very close to Yosemite village, so we started late after all the rush hour ended.
The restaurant closes at 8:30pm. So make sure to arrive before that hour.
It’s a simple place, but very functional.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed April 8, 2019 via mobile

Decent but surely not great!

The good:

Beds were decently comfortable and clean!
Bathroom appeared to be recently remodeled so it was fresh and clean.
Quiet on the back side of the lodge near the mountain.
Close to the entrance of Yosemite park
Cool little walking picnic area across the street on the river and a little beach.
Good bang for the buck.

The bad:

Room carpet could use a change, Little grungy.
Looks like their in the process of a renovation (beds were being delivered our bathroom looked like it was recently done)
Pool was being re surfaced (loud grinding at 8 am)
Kids (like 12 year olds) riding through the parking lot every day, all day on a quad (WTF?)
Zero continental breakfast, barely coffee in the lobby they actually had a sign to Charge you for.
Front desk staff weren’t exactly overly friendly. But not rude (I read the other reviews that stated as much).
Indoor pool was the ultimate in identity crisis - water looked cloudy, yet your eyes and lungs will sting from chlorine in the air. If swimming in there I’d recommend a silkwood shower to follow.
Didn’t eat at the main restaurant - it wasn’t open when it was supposed to. So we ate at the bar area. Thought we broke something when we got the check! $75 bucks for patty melt, burger, kids burger, kids chicken strips and fries two salad bar and 4 fountain drinks. Oh, and the food was on par with school cafeteria food, soooooo probably skip eating there.

BIGGEST COMPLAINT - ZERO CELL SERVICE and MAJOR LACK OF WIFI. Oh, and they charge $9 for 12 hours of dial up status WiFi. And there’s like 12 staticky tv channels. You’ll be 100% off the grid. If that’s what you want, congrats, you’ve found it. But if you’re not expecting such, like, you have kids and would like to at least have the option...it’s a little surprising.

Anyway, wouldn’t exactly run people away from this place. Just know what you’re getting into.

Trip type: Traveled with family