$249
Rush Creek Lodge
$270
Hotels.com
$161
Tenaya Lodge at Yosemite(Fish Camp)(Great Value!)
$365
$259
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $313/night.

Yosemite Inn(Mariposa)
$130
  • Pool
Miners Inn Motel(Mariposa)(Great Value!)
$189
  • Breakfast included
Red Bud Lodge(El Portal)
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
4,319 results
All reviewsriver viewpark entrancemerced riverpizza parlorsmall kitchenettespa bathdouble showerclosest hotelstove topconvenience storeindoor poolgas fireplaceview roommini kitchenkitchen areaminute drivegeneral store
Reviewed October 3, 2012

The Lodge is located about a half hour drive from the valley. The room was clean, but there were small holes in the sheets and an ancient carpet in the room. There was a nice patio with two chairs overlooking the mountain. You cannot connect to the Internet without paying a fee, but it's only accessible in the lobby. But in Yosemite, you are rarely in the room, and it was clean enough for us. The restaurants/bar do not open until 5:00. It is a plain, basic motel with a small general store. I would stay here again if I had the view of the river.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

I think others have said it well already: the location is perfect, the rooms more than adequate but dated and tired-looking, the restaurant, bar and pizzeria good (significantly not operated by the Lodge company) but the service poor. We've moved on to Death Valley, another place that has a monopoly, but what a difference. All the reception staff we dealt with at Yosemite View Lodge were unwelcoming, unfriendly and seemingly disinterested. There is no excuse for that: it's bad management and at $220 a night that's not good enough. It all smacks of an ownership which thinks, "We've got it made. People don't have much of a choice so we'll just rake it in." We couldn't find a hot-tub that worked (probably a good thing because, had they been bubbling, we wouldn't have seen the muck at the bottom of each, as was the case with the pools). When we drew it to the attention of the desk staff they "made a note". Not good enough. I'm sorry, but you don't just pay for the location, you pay for what is advertised and they didn't deliver. I'm not sure just now how the Furnace Creek Ranch Resort compares for price but they certainly need the management from here at Yosemite.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KeithWW419
Reviewed October 3, 2012

We stayed in Yosemite View for 3 nights in September, as part of a trip to the US. We chose a river view room. Our opinion of the place is definitely mixed.

On the plus side, the location is really good for Yosemite Valley. It’s a 20-30 minute drive to the village, and the journey is a real pleasure, through some great scenery. Also, the hotel room was a good size, and provided the basics we needed – a clean (and comfortable) bed, a clean bathroom, a hot shower, fresh towels when we needed them, and a coffee maker.

However, that was about all the hotel provided. Although the room furnishings looked to have been good quality when they were put in, they were definitely showing their age now, looking tired and worn. I also have to admit to a pang of nostalgia on seeing my room contained the first CRT (non-flat screen) TV that I have seen in years.

Also, although the bed and bathroom were kept clean, that was about the limit of it. Our room sported a fine collection of cobwebs on the light and in the alcoves, and the balcony (bare concrete, with an iron railing) had a large number of bird droppings around it, as did the communal stairs to the room from the parking lot. What’s more, the room carpet was filthy. As a test, my wife cleaned a pair of white soled shoes, and then wore them *inside* the room for an evening. By bedtime, the soles were black.

The restaurant was nothing thrilling either. The staff were genuinely friendly and welcoming, but the food was pretty uninspired and rather tasteless – although, to be fair, the portions were reasonable and it seemed to be well enough cooked. There is a pizza option as well, but since I didn’t fancy eating off paper plates, and drinking out of plastic cups, in a ‘Lodge’, we gave it a wide berth.

Add that to a souvenir shop which sold, together with some rather nice items, some of the worst pieces of tack which we saw on our trip, and you get the overall picture. To add insult to injury, this was one of the few places where we were expected to pay for Wi Fi – and it was only available in the lobby area. We wanted to use Skype to call someone, but gave up since privacy was basically impossible.

It looked as if the place is doing just enough to keep the tourists (and the money) flowing. We didn’t see much (if any) evidence of recent investment. Despite that, and the obvious failings which we saw, we would consider the place if we went back again – preferably with some carpet cleaner in our suitcase. It is definitely well located for exploring Yosemite’s most popular area, and it does provide the basics we wanted.

However, that’s all it provides. It is, frankly, a rather unappealing and unwelcoming place, but if you treat it as simply a base for exploring Yosemite, rather than a place to enjoy in its own right, then you should be fine.

1  Thank RoamingScot
Reviewed October 1, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for six nights during the week of Sept. 24th, 2012. We were in the Dogwood building directly across from the lobby and found it to be clean but plain as many have said. Ours was a first floor river view room with a small patio (fenced to keep out the bears at night) overlooking the Merced river which made it ideal for a cup of coffee and a light breakfast in the mornings. One night we had a reasonably good pizza from the restaurant at the hotel along with a bottle of wine while listening to the river and watching the trout swim among the rocks.
The bed linens were in good shape and not all worn out as some have indicated. The beds were firm but comfortable ... flat pillows though.
Towels in the bath were changed daily and although a little rough and scratchy they were in like new condition.
The room had a small kitchen area with microwave, toaster, coffee maker, small refrig. and a 2 burner stove. The coffee. in convenient filter packs. was kept stocked up for us every day and we found that everything worked well.
The staff at the front desk was impersonal to say the least.... no time wasted in making people feel welcome and appreciated for their business. At least they were efficient at getting us checked in quickly after a long day of travel.
The biggest pluses of this hotel are the view of the river and the proximity to the park. It is a very short drive to the Arch Rock entrance to the park and then another 15 minutes to the visitor parking area in the valley along a beautiful scenic road with plenty of places to pull off to enjoy the scenery. The park itself is absolutuely breathtaking and a must see. At every turn there is a view better than the last. By all means make the trip to Glacier Point !
This hotel probably gets a slightly undeserved bad rap .... keep your expectations in check and you shouldn't be disappointed. Yes, it is expensive for what it is but as they say location is everything. I rated this porperty as "average" but with a splendid view. How about Average Plus?

Reviewed October 1, 2012

This was my third visit in 10 years. The place clearly does well because it has built extra blocks in that time, although I have only stayed in the older blocks. It is perfectly placed on the Merced River, very near to the Park. I always get a river view room because I love sitting on the balcony listening to and watching the river in the evening and early morning before spending the day in the Park. This year I saw humming birds there! (A gang of raccoons passed by the restaurant each evening I was there, to the joy of us Europeans). The rooms haven't changed in 10 years, so they are a bit tired. I had a dripping shower head, and the white towels had been laundered so often they were going bald and off white. I find the little kitchen area handy for a spot of self-catering, but I note that this year the maids didn't do the washing up and tidying away of dishes as they had done previously. The 9 dollar per 24hrs wifi is a very basic wifi which will not even allow you to view YouTube. So the hotel itself is average, but it's location is what makes it very good, and it has no competition in this area to make it smarten it's act. I m sure I will be back!
The little El Portal store burned down, but it's replacement is even better for food and beer supplies (next to the petrol station). The unmanned petrol station pumps happily accept British credit cards, but at rural area prices.

Room Tip: River view room wins hands down!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo