Motel 6 Los Angeles - El Monte
M Motel(El Monte)
$63
Aqua Inn Motel(El Monte)
Troy Motel(El Monte)
No availability for your dates from our partners
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 14, 2012

The pricing was OK, but nowadays we live in an interconnected world and for me internet based market information is crucial for me

at about 10 pm, the WiFi started to give me fits.

I had to log-in & re login at 5 minute intervals because the signal kept getting disconnected

frustrating is but an understatement

I last stayed at this El Monte outlet more than 10 years ago. The carpet condition is much better than Motel 6 LAX, they seem to be vacuumed & cleaned regularly

as I checked out, the carpet cleaning crew was hard at work

This Motel 6 location may house some homeless people with the tab picked up by the City of El Monte

I stayed over for just 1 nite

you get what you paid for; the TV channels were out of sync..

for example, I could be watching CNN; but the display on TV is displaying FOX

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 27, 2012

This hotel is a hangout for gang members, crackheads. The absolute worst motel I have ever stayed at not to mention how lucky we are to still be alive. Five hooded individuals (scum) stood out side our door and talked about raping my wife and killing me. This went on for over a hour in the middle of the night. We called the Police and it took them over almost two hours to respond after several calls to 911. We had to be escorted off the property for our safety. The rooms were filthy. What was I thinking. I should of known better when I checked when I saw the glass partition between the front desk and the lobby and you had to talk through a small hole in the glass to check in. Do yourself a favor, DON'T STAY HERE!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Stay In Santa Monica, several good hotels there.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
6  Thank John S
Reviewed December 30, 2010

We stayed at this place two nights in late December 2010. The place was easy to find from the direction we got on the GPS. Our first impression of the motel was not good: the clerk sat be hind a security desk, conversed with us through a small hole. I didn't think the area surrounding the motel really call for that.

The wall between the rooms was so thin that we could hear the guests from the next room talking all night. Between their conversation and the traffic noise from the highway, it was difficult to get to sleep. Bring your earplugs if you decide to stay here.

I have stayed in several Motel 6's. This one was the worst.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank TranHungDao
Reviewed February 21, 2010

I visit hotels at least four times a month as a solo leisure traveler. I have been faithful to a particular hotel chain and its affiliates for several years now to take advantage of the rewards / points. I deviated from the norm and decided to try this hotel. Booking the room via the web was seamless. The young lady working the front desk was courteous and very professional (Thanks “E”)!! This was my first time ever staying at a Motel 6 and everything was going great until I opened the door to my room... Audible gasp! The room decor was basic at best. The Encarta Dictionary defines ‘basic’ as without or before the addition of anything extra. And omg Encarta was right!
With that said after settling into my room realizing that I spend upwards of $90.00 to $150.00 per night for a room at other hotels chains would I stay here again or recommend this hotel. Yes! If an affordable clean basic room, clean sheets, comfy bed, close to freeways, family friendly restaurants nearby, AV jacks on back of a 19” TV (DVD player and Game Console ready), ample parking and a pool are requirements, stop reading and book your room.
Business travelers – The El Monte Airport is less than 5 minutes away via automobile .

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank fridaynights
Reviewed February 10, 2009

Was travelling throughout California and stopped for the night. Was given my room by a very friendly gal at the front desk. Asked her name and she gave it to me, and also said if I needed anything to call down to the front desk. (Thank you, E!) The room was clean and smelled fresh, sheets and bedspread were clean and colorful. The room was on the first floor, and I was able to park my car nearby. Everyone I came into contact with was friendly, and if they could not help they got someone who could!!! When it came time to have dinner they told me of two restaurants within an easy walk and mentioned where several others were.
Overall this was a great place to stay the night and I would stop here again if I needed to!

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)