“wonderful room, wonderful rest”

Holiday Inn Express El Dorado Hills Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in El Dorado Hills
Reviewed July 22, 2010

We stayed in a suite which was wonderfully appointed and quiet. The jacuzzi tub was great. The a/c worked and was quiet. The donuts in the breakfast room are first class.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 30, 2010

My husband and I stayed here for a weekend with our 9 and 10 year old children. We stayed in a family suite (2 queen beds). The room was spacious, clean, and well-maintained. The hotel is situated right off the freeway and within a shopping center which was very convenient. I would definitely go back. The breakfast every morning was delicious and substantial.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank chele67
Reviewed May 30, 2010

I have had extended stays at 2 hotels recently: Ritz Carlton Atlanta (both downtown AND Buckhead), and the Holiday Inn Express El Dorado Hills. Certainly a better value, the Holiday Inn Express surprised me at every turn - before I arrived I was expecting a motel.

- brand new
- beautiful pool
- 1 day pass available to gym next door
- shopping and a truly great grocery (better than Whole Foods) within walking distance (same complex)
- consistently high service at all levels (front desk, breakfast staff, cleaning staff)
- decent but not exceptional breakfast, best on Saturdays (more choices that day)
- nice selection of Tazo tea available all times
- functional business center

Of course, you'd have to have a reason to be in El Dorado Hills or the area to make a stay here worthwhile. I can say that my family ended up making the hotel our destination.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank seanfitz
Reviewed April 30, 2010

Great rooms, granite counter tops, and perfect location to walk the Town Center (which isn't bad for a Mall), lots of upscale dining options, resort like pool, nice views, and common area. Get a balcony or patio room!

Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank wburny
Reviewed April 5, 2010

We did not enjoy this hotel one bit. I could go on and on, but I'll only give you a highlight of reasons we were dissatisfied....

1. Hotel is in the middle of a busy shopping center and shares a parking lot with not only local restaurants and shops, but the local fitness center. Parking was TERRIBLE and we practically had to park at the end of the row, with our bags in tow.

2. Even as Holiday Inn reward members, we were given the worst room in the hotel....our view was literally of the hotels' air conditioning units. We had an inner room and if you're on the inside, all windows overlook this rooftop catastrophe. (I'll upload photos at a later point).

3. Our room was humid and stuffy. We turned on the A/C unit but it was either ice cold or warm. We tried to open the window to alleviate the humidity, but the noise from everybody's A/C units was deafening. (No wonder the room was humid...who can listen to that?)

4. Staff was unprofessional and didn't seem to want to be there. There was a business meeting going on in the hotel and during each break, literally 20 smokers blocked every entrance to the hotel and their fumes flooded the lobby where we were sitting (to escape our room). We asked the front desk staff if they could please contact the conference organizer to ask if the smokers could uphold the law and step back 20 feet from the doors, but the response I got from the young man at the desk was, "Yeah, we smell it everytime the door opens." He didn't seem to be too eager to help.

Top that poor service off with the fact that each time we departed the elevator, we had to walk past the hotel's conference/event coordinator's office. She works in her tiny office with the door open apparently, but never once did she ever look up to say hello. I found that strange for a hotel chain that seems to want to pride itself on service.

5. I can say one thing good about this hotel...the housekeeping staff is first rate. Our room was exceptionally clean (minus the humidity) and I noticed that the housekeeping manager was really "on the ball". She was floating around the lobby cleaning up discarded pieces of trash, rearranging the magazines, and wiping the surfaces clean. When I used the hotel-supplied laundry cart to do my laundry, she thanked me for returning it and asked if I needed anything else. The rest of the hotel should take lessons from her....

See my other reviews for other local reviews...

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank ThisFamilyTravels
Reviewed March 2, 2010

The staff was extremely rude and confrontational. I would never stay here again or recommend it to anyone.

Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank trojanheart05
Reviewed September 5, 2009

We stayed in this hotel during our vacation to Northern CA. After spending the day driving along Hwy. 49 and visiting gold rush towns, we were pleasantly surprised to come to the town of El Dorado Hills. The area in which the hotel is located is a upscale, newly developed area consisting of shopping, business parks, restaurants, and even a movie theatre.

The hotel is also very new and we were super impressed with the friendly and professional front desk staff. Our room was very spacious with lots of great amenities including a separate living room/bedroom, fridge/microwave, TV with lots of cable channels, a whirlpool tub, double sink vanity, and a curved shower curtain rod. The bed was clean and plush. Wi-fi was free.

The value is excellent for the rate. We paid $123.95 with AAA.

We enjoyed walking to the movie theatre. We left with 10 minutes to spare before showtime with no problem. There is a pretty fountain and pond that you cross over on the walk so it's romantic. There's also a nice Chili's Restaurant that's open late so there's somewhere to eat when the movie ends!

We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
13 mi away
Best Western Plus Placerville Inn
Fairfield Inn & Suites Sacramento Folsom
Hilton Garden Inn Folsom

Been to Holiday Inn Express El Dorado Hills Hotel? Share your experiences!