We were visiting friends in Folsom and decided to stay in a hotel near their home! Holiday Inn Express wouldn't have been at the top of my list, but because the location was so beautiful, we decided to book two nights!
It's a lovely hotel and we had a great experience! Town Center, where the hotel is located, is a beautifully conceived European village, complete with shopping, lovely restaurants with a lot of outdoor seating, facing a beautiful river, bridge, and water feature! There's a walking path around the center with picnic tables and seating to enjoy a picnic with a wonderful view!
The hotel employees were gracious and accommodating, the rooms were lovely with comfortable beds, large bathroom, desk, chair w/ottoman, 32" flat screen, small refrigerator, coffee service and a microwave! A full self-serve breakfast including eggs, turkey sausage, pancakes, fruit, oatmeal, coffee, juice, etc.
You can enjoy your breakfast outside by a beautiful pool overlooking the river and the shops beyond!
The weekend rate we paid was $108 which was a terrific value for the experience!
Plus it's just a 40 minute drive to the Amador Wine Country which is fabulous! Some great wines to taste!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites in El Dorado Hills, California, is centrally located on highway 50 between Lake Tahoe and San Francisco, just minutes from Sacramento. We are conveniently located in the Town Center on the beautiful shore of a small lake. With its picture perfect scenery and endless variety of activities, El Dorado Hills is the ideal destination whether you are traveling on business or seeking a weekend getaway. For the business traveler local corporate offices include DST, AMDOCS, Blue Shield, Intel, Aerojet, Kikkoman Foods, and the El Dorado Hills Business Park. Folsom Lake, the American River and the Sierra foothills border El Dorado Hills. From world class golfing to hiking, skiing, and white water rafting, cycling, or wine tasting, your favorite way to play is never far away. Within walking distance guests can enjoy the Regal 14 screen movie theater and a variety of fine and casual dining restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Orbitz, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express El Dorado Hills Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn El Dorado Hills
- El Dorado Hills Holiday Inn