“Gourmet Hot Dogs”

Cuisines: American, Pub, Gastropub
Meadow Vista, California
“Gourmet Hot Dogs”
Reviewed July 24, 2014

22 Hot Dogs & Sausages on the menu. From a plain dog with mustard to a Red Curry Thai Chicken Sausage with lots of variety in between. From the traditional to the exotic. There's even a Chicago Dog with neon relish & sport peppers for the homesick Midwesterner.

There are a few other items like Fish & Chips, Pork Schnitzel, sandwiches, & a breakfast burrito to choose from, but the attraction here is the sausages and frankfurters. I've been here before this visit and eaten a hot dog/sausage variety on both visits. I was not disappointed with my selection either time. Good Stuff, interesting variety.

Not pre-made fast food, depending on your order it may take a few minutes. They warn you about that, but it's worth the wait.

• Visited July 2014

Gardnerville, Nevada
“Great dogs and eatery”
Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

Take a minute to stop in and get a dog. Lots of different choices on the menu. Chili cheese fries are awesome as well. Had a few different meals between the 4 of us and all were very good. Very good choice for a quick lunch or dinner.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Need a good Dog”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Been here many times and really enjoy the Chicago dog. Friendly staff and serious hot dogs on the menu. Great place for a lazy evening with outside tables .

Visited February 2014
El Dorado Hills, California
“More than just the best hot dogs around!”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

My husband always gets their one-of-a-kind hot dogs, I get the gyro and our son loves their gormet mac and cheese. We like to ride our bikes there on a weekend and enjoy Town Center.

• Visited September 2013
El Dorado Hills, California
“Regular customer to Ruffhaus. BIG disappointment on my latest visit”
Reviewed February 9, 2014

I enjoy Ruffhaus very much and go often so I feel that I can say I am a regular customer. I have talked about it to my wife many times and she decided that we would go for an early dinner (01/28/2013). The food was good that was not the issue.When we place our order they young lady (who by the way handled this situation as best she could) told me that my credit card was not working. She call out the owner (again know this as I am a regular) he tried my card as well and said out loud from the register to the table that my card was declined. The place was pretty full and it was a little embarrassing to say the least. I walked from the table back over to the register and gave them another card, it didn't "work" either. Again I was shocked and just paid in cash. This was all happening while everyone in line was waiting to order and others were at their tables eating. I step out side to call my Bank to see what the issue is with my card trying to be used. NOTHING was wrong with either one. A VERY nice gentlemen who was in line waiting after me came out to me while I was on the phone with the Bank and told me his credit cards didn't work either. So it was Ruffhaus system that was not working and it didn't say decline as the gentlemen asked to see what the system was saying. I was NOT looking for a free meal, I was looking for the owner to come out and apology for his mistake period. Nothing was done period.I don't care how good the food is at a restaurant, if you receive poor customer service I don't go back. Even though the young lady tried her best and did the correct thing by gettting the owner involved, the owner handled the situation poorly then poorly again.. Sad to say I have taken place off my list of going to.

• Visited December 2013