“Casual Gourmet”

Selland's Market Cafe
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Selland's is a family-owned cafe from the restaurateurs behind Ella and The Kitchen. Catering and to go food is our specialty! Serving hand crafted, seasonal American food made from scratch with the best possible ingredients. Selland's is a casual and friendly cafe with elegant touches and a huge patio overlooking the lake at Town Center El Dorado Hills. Choose from a huge array of foods - from sandwiches, salads, soups, and pizzas to hot and cold entrees and sides. Dinner specials, Sunday Brunch, bakery and sweets, lunch and dinner every day. Wine shop, wine and beer on tap, ample seating. Very family friendly and lots of community events make Selland's the place to be in Town Center!
Reviewed January 7, 2014

I love this place! The atmosphere is very casual and fun. Their food is what I would describe as homestyle cooking with a gourmet twist. You can get everyday favorites like meatloaf and mashed potatoes or something more unique like pizza with arugula and prosciutto. My husband adores their carnitas sandwich while I love the bbq beef brisket with a side of potatoes au gratin. They also make delicious salads. Our favorite thing to do though, is to come in for the weekly special. It's a great deal. For $25, you get two entrees plus a bottle of wine! We love checking to see what's on special each week. The Manager, Ryan, and all their servers are so friendly and welcoming. Selland's is definitely worth a visit.

There are newer reviews for Selland's Market Cafe

Reviewed January 7, 2014

I love this place -- but what's not to love -- it's a sister restaurant to "The Kitchen" and you can tell.
The food is to die for and it's totally casual -- you can bring the kids -- they love the desserts and so does my husband and the the selection of wine is super -- we can all grab a bite here

Reviewed November 29, 2013

We were having a small Thanksgiving this year with just the four of us. So we wanted some good old Apple and Pumpkin Pie's. Instead of getting our Pie's up in Apple Hill (which have good Pie's) I thought I would give Selland's a try on the Pie's. My wife and I go to Selland's for lunch and their $25 dinner for two all the time and enjoy it.
Well the Pie's were very good to excellent. My wife's favorite Pie is the Pumpkin. She said it was very good but not the best she has had but very close. I on the other hand LOVED the Apply Pie!! I travel a lot and Apple Pie is my favorite and I have to say this is the best Apple Pie that I have had. Excellent.

Reviewed November 23, 2013

Thsi place is very different to other places I have eaten. It's set up like a deli, has big tables indoors with silverware stands in the middle of each table. You go up to the counter, order your food, go along the counter, order desert and drinks, then move along to pay. We had a couple fo pizzas that were great, some chees and chocolate cake and drinks for a reasonable price. It's a fun and informal place for a quick bite to eat. They have outdoor seating too.

Reviewed November 23, 2013

This is my favorite place to have lunch on a sunny day, and eat outside on their patio. At lunchtime during the week, it can get very crowded. They have the day's selections on display in a case where you order. You can pick each of your items and build up a meal that way. They have a good selection of interesting salads as well. You can also order pizza and a large selection of sandwiches. They also have a wide variety of desserts and wine and beer on tap. The decor is really nice as well, has the feeling of a traditional deli cafe - very casual. Always at the top of my list for lunch, have not been for dinner.