“Be Careful!”

Add it.
Thai Orchid Cuisine Restaurant
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed November 10, 2010

I've never written a bad review but today I must. Our family just ate at Thai Orchid & I just have to warn everyone. This place is not honest so be careful. We came at 5:30 which was still happy hour when beer were suppose to be $1 a glass. We even confirmed with the waiter b/f ordering. However, they billed us for the full price. We asked them why & they said b/c we used a coupon so the happy hour price did not apply. Hello? the sign for the Happy Hour did not say anything about not being apply if you use a coupon. Our coupon was for a free entree with purchase of an entree and 2 drinks. We usually order more than just the entrees. The second part of them cheating us was deducting the appetizer instead of the entree. We order 2 entrees at $12.95 each & rice & an appetizer dish of $6.95 & 2 drinks. The coupon said free entree up to $10.95. Now, I go out to eat often and every place I go to will deduct the maximum value of the coupon if you order something that cost more. Surprisingly, they said if we order entree that costs more than the coupon, they will not honor it and will only deduct the $6.95 (the cost of the appetizer). Not only were the food nothing exceptional, the way they do business is just terrible. I think they advertise coupon just to get people in their restaurant. If you use coupon, be really careful! I've always given 15% tip & sometimes 20% if the service is really good. Well, guess what? This is the first time I did not leave tip. How can they cheat a pregnant lady? Can't believe it! I hope the owner read this review & be more honest from now on.

Reviewed August 19, 2010

We have been eating at Thai Orchid since they opened on a weekly basis. Prices are reasonable, service is good and the food is the best in the area. We love their soups and salads which include items we have not seen at other Thai Restaurants. Some of our favorites include: Fresh Spring Rolls - Rice paper wrapped with mix vegetables with choice of, shrimp, or tofu served with sweet chili sauce and peanut sauce; Crab Meat Won Ton Noddle Soup; Larb - Grilled marinated beef tossed with onion, tomato, mint leave with dressing.

Reviewed December 28, 2009

Up till now El Dorado Hills has only had one Thai restaurant...Chantara.
Although Chantara is very good, their serving portions and prices are a bit on the high side.
The newly opened Thai Orchid offers residents another alternative it you just want a good but inexpensive Thai meal.
PROs. Good Thai food. Inexpensive. Salad served with meals. Good Service.
CONs. Cramped layout..not for large parties. Ambiance...laid out more like a fast food place (formerly a Chinese fast food joint) . Pad Thai too sweet (...but this is a problem with most American Thai restaurants)