“The best Indian food in the region.”
Review of Chicago Pizza & Burgers - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Chicago Pizza & Burgers
Cuisines: American
Reviewed July 4, 2013

This review is long over due,but needed to be done. A friend from work had recommended this place. My husband & I decided to try it out with our kids in tow. We like Indian food and the kids don't. We thought this would be perfect since they also served burgers & pizza. I ordered the shrimp curry. My husband ordered the chicken tikka masala. We both ordered the samosas as appetizers. My daughters ordered cheeseburgers. The samosas were absolutely delicious. My shrimp curry was extremely delicious and not too spicy. I had a bite of my husbands chicken tikka masala and it was delicious, as well. My kids said their burgers were one of the best they've eaten. We could smell the pizzas and decided the next time we come up, we'll try one of them. This place is definitely worth stopping in. It's a small building with limited parking. They're opened Tue - Sun from 11am - 8pm & closed on Mon.

Reviewed December 20, 2012

My wife and I eat here every week. We love the owners they are so kind. Lately we have had the Ronny order our food for us. Last night she brought out a wonderful dinner... As you can tell we are very pleased with the food.

Reviewed February 24, 2012

It has been a couple of years since my last review. This place is still my favorite to meet someone for dinner after work since I live in the area. I love the Indian food. I still have their hamburgers occasionally, but the Indian food is my special treat.

Reviewed June 10, 2010

I go here often to meet friends for dinner, or just for a great meal. Their hamburgers are great; their pizza is wonderful; and the Indian food is excellent. This is a family run business - nothing fancy, just good food.

Reviewed August 28, 2009

After hearing that they served Indian food, my wife and I visited this restaurant today for the first time. The food was wonderful. We started with samosas – light, delicate and perfectly seasoned. I had chicken bhuna – moderately spicy chicken with lightly cooked green peppers, onion and tomatoes served with basmati rice – it was just delightful. My wife had the chicken tika, very mildly spiced chicken with a delicious yogurt based sauce.

I can’t recommend the food too highly. We make several Indian-style dishes at home and visit South Asian restaurants whenever we have a chance. There are two or three Indian restaurants in Sacramento with excellent food that we enjoy, but there has never before been really good Indian food in the Placerville area. Over the years we’ve had a couple of tries in the Camino / Apple Hill area that didn’t work out, and there is a pretty good Indian restaurant in Cameron Park, but the food there doesn’t really compare.

The prices are moderate, service fast and friendly. The food, as I say is wonderful. The restaurant is spotlessly clean, but the ambiance is neighborhood pizza place. A lot of people judge a restaurant first by its appearance. Those folks won’t be happy here and maybe that’s just as well because it leaves more room for the rest of us.