“Fairly Priced but overall very disapinted”

Travelodge EL Centro
Travelodge EL Centro
Ranked #11 of 19 Hotels in El Centro
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Where do I start.
Lets start with the staff:
Lucy is rude and has no idea how to treat customers. She would often talk down, roll her eyes and just plain treat customers bad, not just me but a handful of people came in at the same time and I witnessed her giving a customer a hard time about getting a new towel for the pool, her eyes rolled and she said " maybe next time you shouldn't use all your towels at the pool". Shes is very rude and her alone would be a reason I wouldn't go back.
The others are Ok... except for Destiny...she is Great!
The WiFi hardly ever works. Its free but you cant watch Netflix on your laptop because it has a poor signal. The WiFi is just AWEFUL.
Breakfast is OK for being free limited menu but just that OK.
Hotel rooms are dirty, dirt on the floor, its always going to have roaches and crickets in there and if your luck you might get an Alarm clock.
Pool is dirty and cloudy and you can tell is not treated well.
I can go on and on about this place...
I have stayed two different times for 7 days each time thinking..OK maybe the first experience was just a bad time but i went back again because it was affordable and sure enough the same exact experience. Pay the few extra dollars for a decent hotel... this is just simply not worth it!!!!

Room Tip: Choose another Hotel!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Mike A
Bob K, Manager at Travelodge EL Centro, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

First, We can only apologize for your unsatisfactory stay, There will never be an exscuse for bad customer service, we have addressed the situation with our staff and used this review as an example how it only takes 1 time to uspet a guest. As far as ALL of the things listed in this complaint, we do ur best to keep this hotel clean and upgraded for a limited service budget hotel. We apologize that your stay was not what you needed or expected.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

I'm going to try to be fair, but also honest. We did the typical thing and stayed one night for an stopover enroute from Phoenix to San Diego. Here is what we experienced:
1) The beds were comfortable, but the warm blankets were a bit threadbare and had a lot of holes.
2) We found two cockroaches. One the night of the stay, in the bathtub. I understand sewer roaches happen but then there was the second one, the normal brown kind that likes dark places, which surprised my traveling companion when she opened the hotel services guide by crawling on her hand. I tried to catch it to bring the hotel clerk as proof, but then it proceeded to crawl towards my toddler and I decided its life had to end.
3) The breakfast was fine, eggs and pancakes on foam plates in a very worn and well-loved dining hall. Nothing spectacular, just basic.
4) The entire outside entrance to our room smelled strongly of garbage and urine. It went down a bit after the winds picked up, but made packing a very difficult proposition.
5) The response to my concerns regarding cockroaches and the smell was acknowledgement and agreement that it was unusual and at some point to follow up. I really don't know if they took it seriously; I received a very neutral response.

They would have received two stars had it not been for their kind attention to allowing us to retrieve our forgotten items on the way back through. We appreciate that a lot.

My recommendation is to stay elsewhere and not be lured in by free breakfast and drinks. Instead, stay somewhere else, and come over and pay 3 dollars for breakfast.

Room Tip: I imagine staying near the pool might look and smell better.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

We do our best to keep all of our rooms clean and up to standards. We are very sorry if you were inconvenienced, we are renovating and upgrading. We are a limited service budget hotel and our prices are very reasonable, that is not an escuse and again we are sorry your trip was not what was expected.

Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

Everyone here is very friendly and helpful. The free breakfastis actally a breakfast. Pancakes, eggs, etc. You also get a free drink in the attached bar. Rooms are clean and fairly updated. It is close to the 8 and fairly close to stores and shopping. And only 15 minutes to the solar projects.

• Stayed: June 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review us, we do our best to keep up with the industry, and appreciate your kind words.

Reviewed January 8, 2013

I have been staying at the vacation inn for a couple of years and have always been treated like family. Recently the inn underwent renovation and the results spell comfort, cleanliness, and as always a friendly environment. The staff always puts the needs of the customer first and is always helpful. This establishment leaves the traveler feeling at home and welcomed.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Bob K, Manager at Travelodge EL Centro, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

Thank you for your kind words, and we appreciate hearing how our guests feel and the experience they have had. We do appreciate your patronage and hope you come back for years to come!

Reviewed November 30, 2012

We were in El Centro the Tuesday before Thanksgiving and stayed at the Vacation Inn. The rooms are clean, the staff is polite and they were able to accommodate us with a small (13lb) dog. There were a lot of construction workers staying at the hotel so pick-up trucks were starting at 4:30 am with men going to work. Even so I was able to sleep well and enjoyed the free breakfast in the morning. This hotel is a good choice for a modestly priced comfortable place to spend a night. We will stay there again while in El Centro.

Room Tip: Call for a reservation, when we check online the website said No-Vacancies.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Mark W
Bob K, Manager at Travelodge EL Centro, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

Thanks for your feedback, please come and check us out we have updated our hotel since your stay!

Reviewed August 24, 2011

Rooms are large and clean. The price of the room comes with two breakfasts, two alcoholic drinks, and free wifi. I can't comment on the pool because it was closed or the breakfast because I got up too late. Overall, I would state here again - I just booked my room for this weekend

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank ntm138
Bob K, Manager at Travelodge EL Centro, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2014

Although this review is old we still say thank you and we have upgraded this hotel in many ways and we appreciate your business.

Reviewed July 25, 2011

On a long road trip to California this was an excellent stop for a good nights rest. We made last minute reservations at about 9pm on the drive in and at 1am the next morning we were checking in. For the price we got a great room right off the I-8. We slept in and missed the breakfast so we cant comment on that but there was a Denny's right across the street where we ate and jumped back on the I-8 with ease. To our surprise it had a small refrigerator and microwave which was not expected considering our last minute reservation.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Surfspyder
Bob K, Manager at Travelodge EL Centro, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2014

Thanks! We have upgraded many things in this hotel over the years, more amenities and beds, TV's etc. You are correct we are right off the freeway and great for a stop off for the night when traveling and we also have an RV park which works well with travelers! Thank you.