“Clean and friendly”
Review of Crown Motel

Crown Motel
Ranked #10 of 19 Hotels in El Centro
Reviewed April 25, 2013

We stayed here based on the good reviews and the low price: we were not disappointed. The rooms were modern and clean and the bed very comfortable. There are plenty of places to eat close by. We thought it was the perfect place for an overnight stop if you're traveling to/from San Diego.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank kleintje78
vijaykumar p, Manager at Crown Motel, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2014

Thank you for the feedback, we appreciate your patonage.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

From the I stepped through the door I felt WELCOME. Greeted with a smile and a warm hello. Just as you should when staying at a hotel. The woman at the front desk so very accommodating to me and my entire family. She was able to accommodate me and my husbands family next to each other. Needless to say check in was a breeze.

I thought the rooms were great for what we paid. Sure, they are dated and old. But El Centro is dated and old and for a dated motel this place is comfortable. There is a refrigerator and microwave in the rooms. Ample counter space in the room we were in. The rooms were wuite spacious. They also accommodated my pets, which is a big deal for me when traveling.

I cannot rant about the staff enough. They were very accommodating and hospitable. Kudos!

When in El Centro again, we will stay.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank shoegal1126
vijaykumar p, General Manager at Crown Motel, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2013

We try our best to accommodate our guests. Thank you for the kind words and please come back and stay with us soon!

Reviewed March 23, 2013

I wasn't sure what to expect as this appeared to be an older property and I didn't know much about the area. However, I went with the reviews posted by others and it was worth it. At first glance, it does look old and tired but once you are inside the room, you can see the results of renovations. I talked to the owner the next morning while I was eating some of the continental offerings. She said that they had bought the property over a year ago and had already made a lot of renovations. I told her that we were impressed with the rooms and happy with them. Although there were a lot of people staying there, it appeared that most were day workers and once they were back for the day, were ready to rest up and so all was good. The clerk who checked us in was very nice and efficient and directed us to the Guadalajara Restaurant nearby that we went to both nights. Very fine Mexican food. I would not hesitate to stay here or recommend it to others. I am very confident that the owners are going to persevere and finish with a fine-looking motel.

Room Tip: First floor room would have been handier but these were all taken. Thus, you have to carry everythin...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank EVGR
vijaykumar p, Manager at Crown Motel, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2014

Since taking over this property we have upgraded many things and are currently still working on many upgrades, we thank you for noticing and thank you for your patronage.

Reviewed November 2, 2012

If you need to overnight in El Centro this is the place. Conveniently located on Imperial Ave. across the street from the #1 Trip Advisor rated, steak restaurant in town. Big parking lot so pulling in with a trailer or RV is no problem. Our lower level room had new carpet, nice paint and new tile in bathroom, comfortable king sized bed, good T.V., password protected wi-fi, quiet fridge and microwave. $46 including tax! My wife enjoyed some time in the pool today. Did I mention the shower head is 7' off the floor. Much better than the ones where you have to be 5' tall or less to get under it. Plenty of hot water. Owners are very receptive. We stay here a couple times a year during our transit from Arizona to Baja and back. You won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: Just ask the owner to show you the room. She showed me 5 today until I found one that met my needs.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank MrMotoman
vijaykumar p, Manager at Crown Motel, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2014

Although this review is older, we still appreciate your business and feedback, we hope if you are ever back in El Centro you come back and stay with us!

Reviewed October 21, 2012

From the outside it look very luxury. The room that we stayed in was very comfortable and spacious. We rented the suit. My wife was so happy with the place. A/C was great and the room was very clean. The owners were very nice and friendly. Also, everything was near by. McDonalds across the street and Vons near by. I forgot to mention that the beds were very cozy.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Eduardo A
vijaykumar p, Manager at Crown Motel, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2014

Even though this review is old, we still Thank you for your great feedback and for your patronage!

Reviewed May 5, 2009

This place certainly isn't luxurious, but it is very clean and well-kept. The owner is very friendly and helpful. As per the previous reviewer, ask for a renovated room -- they have redone the tiling and fixtures in some of the bathrooms. Our room was spacious and included a fridge. And you can't beat the price!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank gabry_ll
vijaykumar p, Manager at Crown Motel, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2014

Even thought this review is old we thank you for your patronage and your feedback!

Reviewed November 2, 2008

Highly recommend this hotel because you get a lot for the price: Clean, big rooms and TVs, nice baths, beautiful pool. Check into the weekly rates. Although there are coffee makers, fridge and microwaves in the rooms, the hotel is practically next door to Burgers & Beer (one of the best restaurants and only sports bars in town) and walking distance from Dominoe's Pizza, McDonald's, Walgreen's and Big John's gas/convenience store.

Ask for one of the remodeled rooms with a beautifully granite tiled bath! The king bed seemed hard, so we brought our own matress topper and it was great! Loved making microwave popcorn. If a big TV is important to you, check it out first. The TV wasn't as big as promised in our room but this was no big deal for us and we did not complain.

Would not recommend drinking the milk from the breakfast bar, especially during the very hot desert summers! It is often left out on the counter and gets warm. But the coffee and muffins are good and are put out as promised at 6:30am daily. Also, the ice maker is broken, but you can get a bucket of ice from the front desk.

Although we could not locate the "Tennis Court" or "Fitness Facility," the Wireless Internet Access worked flawlessly and we enjoyed the pool! Very nice and accomodating owner operated establishment. For the value, it's the place we always choose when we stay over in El Centro.

• Stayed: August 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank ElCentroNative