“FANTASTIC LOCATION!”

Ranked #1 of 19 Hotels in El Centro
Fairfield, California
“FANTASTIC LOCATION!”
Reviewed February 24, 2014

I was traveling on business to El Centro for the first time and so I blindly chose this place. I am so happy I did, Next door is a Starbucks, a mall, movie theater, Best Buy, DDs, Burlington....and Famous Daves, the best BBQ ever. Room was average, VERY CLEAN. I would stay here again for business for sure. Diamond in the desert!

Room Tip: Higher floor the better
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Noreen M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites El Centro, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback regarding your recent stay in El Centro. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Korean first
Irving, Texas
Reviewed February 12, 2014

First off, the staff was extremely friendly, and very attentive. The breakfast was normal fare, however, selection was very limited. The room itself was clean, however, both of the beds were absolutely unusable. When you sat on the edge of either bed, either side, you would sink so low that it was hard to stand up. The mattresses were sunk on both sides and had a lump in the middle. They also squeaked when rolling over. The closet door was broken. The shower head squirted water to the ceiling, the bathtub faucet would spin completely around and would not shut off completely. The spout to go from tub to shower would not seal completely so the shower pressure was miniscule. I did say something about the first couple of issues, but when they just started adding up it was not even worth saying anything. If you must stay here, AVOID room 100, as it is next to the water heater and sounds like a semi truck is parked at your head. Would have given a terrible rating but for the fact of the staff being so nice and the room being clean despite all the issues. Will never return.

Room Tip: Go somewhere, anywhere, else. Avoid room 100, water heater next to your head, sounds like a semi tr...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Noreen M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites El Centro, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback regarding your recent stay. I am delighted that you found the staff and breakfast to be satisfactory but I am deeply disappointed to hear of the other concerns you had during your stay. Please know that I take personal pride in providing exemplary service to our guests and it appears your expectations were not met during this stay. I have informed our Maintenance department of the issues you found within your room and these will be addressed immediately. I truly appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us so that we may continue to deliver exceptional service in the future.
Reviewed January 10, 2014 via mobile

I wrote another review for Townplace Suites with similar title due to the fact I was between both locations from Oct 2013 to Dec 2013. From the moment I arrived with a blotched reservation to the one instance my tub was slow draining the staff took care of the issues and with quick results! A big thanks to Sandra, Jorge, Michelle, and the rest of the staff for their hard work and to the cleaning staff for making sure I always arrived back from work to a clean and made up room. The workout room is adequate and there is an indoor pool and jacuzzi to relax in and of course breakfast is hot and the staff stays on top of it. I stayed in the king suite which was very adequate and comfortable for me. I would stay at both of these locations in this area if you are traveling or staying long term, easy access to highway and surrounded by shopping and restaurants. Thank you.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Danimal3474
Noreen M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites El Centro, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback regarding your recent stay. We are delighted that you enjoyed your time with us at the Fairfield Inn & Suites El Centro. We hope to see you again soon!
Imperial, California
Reviewed December 10, 2013

Avoid the holiday inn depressed and stay here! Close to the mall and restaurants. Parking can be a challenge but worth it. Next to Starbucks! They don't have to apologize on trip advisor. Customer service is great!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
San Diego, California
Reviewed December 9, 2013

i stayed at this hotel again in november (my relatives live in el centro, hence my reason for visiting). anyway, as a top rated hotel and after having a good experience last time i had high expectations. however, the first night we were placed on the second floor next to the elevator and a baby crying all night long. but really, the absolute worst thing was bugs. bugs! they were grasshoppers or crickets, i'm not really sure. anyway, we saw the first one on the bathroom floor (alive) when we checked in. my boyfriend took it out for me, so i didn't complain, figuring it was a one-off. however, when we got back from dinner (at burgers and beer), there was another grasshopper, this time on the wall next to the front door. gross, and not what i paid 90 bucks a night for. i was disappointed to say the least. here's the kicker. after a night of little sleep and bugs, i went to the front desk to voice my concerns. i'm a reasonable human being and i know things like this happen. there was a woman at the front desk and a man (his name was armando, i didn't ask for the woman's name, she didn't have a name tag). anyway, they shrugged it off like it was no big deal, saying they'd "let management know". i also mentioned the baby crying all night and there wasn't an ounce of sympathy, no "i'm sorry to hear that" or anything. this was such a shock because my last time here i had such a great customer service and bug free experience. i honestly don't know what happened. and the woman at the front desk needs to seriously learn some customer service skills. when we were walking out she didn't even look up to say goodbye. jeez. get it together, fairfield inn! i travel to el centro a lot and i'd like to patronize your business again, but i might have to try other options next time.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank omgmarie
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed November 16, 2013

This is a very nice Fairfield Inn. El Centro is in the middle of no where. Coming out of the Mountains from CA, you'll hit a stretch of flat desert road and in the middle of this lower CA stretch of highway is a green spot; El Centro. There's lots of restaurants nearby, in fact that share the same parking lot. Johnny Carinos, Dave Famous BBQ. The staff is local and extremely friendly. I showed up late and wet from a motorcycle ride coming from San Diego and heading to Yuma. They let me park my bike right next to the door and gave me a "discount" on my room because i looked "weary." lol. They made me feel very welcome and also like a friend though they never met me before. I believe the gal that checked me in was a graduate from the local high school and filled me in on all the things to do in El Centro - which isn't a whole lot, but still.

Rooms were clean. Breakfast in the morning was good. Very reasonably priced. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Bakersfield, California
Reviewed November 9, 2013

Travel down here a lot. This place is in a great spot. Lots of restraunts right next door. If you stay in the summer though try and get room on east side of hotel. Takes a while for a/c to cool down room. Good bed and everything else great.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business