“A certain gem in an unexpected area” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites El Centro

Fairfield Inn & Suites El Centro
Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in El Centro
Atlanta, Georgia
“A certain gem in an unexpected area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

I have to admit I did not have high hopes for this property when first booked. I guess my years of business travel has left me a bit of a travel-snob when it comes to finding a place to call home for a week.

I was pleasantly surprised to find a relatively new property with excellent staff and rooms that actually allowed me to work, enjoy a meal and sleep well each night. I can't say there is anything particularly remarkable about this property other than it left me happy to have visited the area.

Surrounding the hotel is the largest retail area I've seen in recent history. Many strip malls and the main mall are within walking distance. A few restaurants are also scattered around so you won't be searching far for a meal.

I would absolutely stay at this property again and encourage you to try it on your next trip to El Centro. Book quickly though as I am told they sell out fast. That leads me to the only negative, price. I have stayed at luxury hotels in larger cities for what my company paid for my stay. El Centro is a hoteliers market and they demand a premium.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank griff72

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Korean first
Detroit, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

This hotel is nice and right to standard from any other Fairfield property. The staff was very pleasant, and really worked with us to hold our room even though we didn't arrive until 3am. The only problem we had was parking. The lot was completely full. I had to park in a neighboring hotel lot and walk a good distance. Breakfast was standard, but plentiful. We had a very clean room where everything worked. I'd stay here again.

Room Tip: Fill your tank up in town if you plan to travel onward any great distance. Gas stations get scarce o...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank rkbucc
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

This hotel was clean, well maintained and the staff was knowledgeable about the city. The room was clean, a little dated, but all in all satisfactory for my needs on a business trip. Internet was free which is always a plus when traveling. There is a Starbucks across the street for coffee in the morning, but they offer breakfast in the hotel if you want the usual breakfast breads, fruits, OJ, etc. The hotel had a small workout room, but for a hotel so small it was fine for my needs. The pool looked clean but I didn't use it. All in all good little hotel with just enough for a business traveler.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Phoenix, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

First the pool is inside and ice cold. Apparently they did not have the pool heater on so we tried the jacuzzi for a bit. The tile around the pool is slick. The kids could not walk without falling. The adults had to walk extremely slow to keep from falling. We are young, not seniors, and I was scared to slip with and without shoes. It's really unsafe and a great disappointment for a Marriott property. The property is clean and located near food and shopping but not good if traveling and looking forward to a pool break.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
Spreckels, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

I travel to El Centro regularly on business. My first choice for accommodations is this hotel. Conveniently located off Hwy. 8 near several restaurant chains' establishments (Carino's, Famous Dave's BBQ, Olive Garden, etc.), reasonably priced, spacious and clean rooms (including bathrooms), decent complimentary breakfast and friendly, helpful staff. Highly recommend.

• Stayed April 2013
Farmington Hills, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for two days while birding in the Salton Sea area and we will return. The king bed was comfortable and the linens were crisp and white. Breakfast included a large pot of oatmeal, cereals, bread, bagels, muffins, fruit, eggs, sausage, and batter to make waffles. Cookies served in the evening are a nice touch. The staff couldn't have been nicer. Our room was on the small side but adequate, with a desk and comfy reading chair. This seems like a great value for this area. Lots of shopping and restaurants within walking distance. We really enjoyed staying here.

• Stayed April 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Pleased with our stay overall. Rooms were clean and comfortable, staff was friendly and helpful. Hotel is in an excellentl location with wonderful shopping and restsurants nearby. Would also like to say that the lady working the continental breakfast was very service oriented a real pleasure... my only compllaint was during our 2 night stay we recieved no housekeeping... this hotel lacked housekeeping 101..

• Stayed March 2013
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#10 of 18 in El Centro
3.5 of 5 stars 54 reviews

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites El Centro? Share your experiences!