“Beware of quoted price and actual price, terrible owners”

Rodeway Inn & Suites El Centro
Ranked #13 of 19 Hotels in El Centro
Reviewed May 25, 2013

Called and was quoted $280/wk for room with kitchenette. Arrived and was told it would be $330/wk and no kitchenette for 2 days. After 2 days no one remembered my kitchenette. Owner promised it would be ready on 3rd day. On 3rd day owner was out of town and no one knew about the kitchenette, actually all kitchenettes were already booked. No room was ever available. Shop around, there are nicer, cleaner, more efficient motels close by. Stay away from here.

P.S.--No WiFi in building farthest from office (where they put me).

Room Tip: Stay away!!!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed March 24, 2013

I recently had to stay in El Centro CA and decided to get a room. After seeing the price of some of the hotels in the area I was looking I choose the Roadway Inn.
A very nice little motel. Reminded me of motels of the past, small and comfortable rooms. Quite and I got a good nights sleep. The room I was in, and the others I assume, had a refridgerator and microwave. Not a posh motel but did very well for my nights stay and a good deal against the others around with their high prices.
Places to eat at nearby.
My only draw back on this motel was that there is no truck parking at the motel, but there is a truck stop across the street, so it works out. Also if you are traveling with a trailer, you may find parking problems as lot is narrow.
If you're looking for a nights stay during your trip, I would recommend this place. Don't expect to much, but expect a great little motel and good night sleep.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 12, 2013

We had stayed at the El Centro location because it was part way between our home and where our relative was hospitalized.

In the AM we wanted to clean up and get going quickly since the relative was not doing well. We went to shower and it didn't work. IF, big IF, housekeeping cleaned it they would have been able to see that it didn't work and put in a maintenance request to fix it. Obviously they didn’t so, most likely, the shower was not cleaned before the room was rented out.

When a room is paid for we should have a working shower, toilet, running water and clean room. That is what you expect when you need a room for the night when you are a way from home.

The woman at the front desk gave us crap because we didn’t want to drag our stuff to another room to shower. And, who knows if that room had been cleaned. She grudgingly gave us 10% off, really not enough. We will not stay there again!!!! Rodeway will not be our CHOICE of hotels in the future, and we have burned our rewards card.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 23, 2012

This is just off I-8 and is less expensive than the nearby choices -- Comfort Inn and Best Western. There is an I-HOP restaurant nearby and an In-and-Out Burger next door. The room was clean. The internet worked well. The room had a fridge and microwave, but no coffee maker. It had a TV with lots of channels. The room was a bit small with a king bed, but it had a desk and a chest of drawers. The heat worked well. The breakfast looked minimal --the desk clerk spoke of coffee and orange juice. The building surrounds the parking lot. Once one drives through the high gate, it seems a bit like a fort.

Room Tip: We had a room near the hotel lobby and it was quiet.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 6, 2012

This hotel is so unprofessional, dirty and THIEVES!! People came in to put in a new mattress when we were out and I noticed my expensive voice recorder was GONE! They owner did NOTHING to help us! He did not CARE! After we complained we got terrible looks from the housekeeper and treated terrible! FLOORS ARE GROSS! Pool was dirty, this place was a Joke, go some place else!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 25, 2012

Had to make a unplanned trip to El Centro in July and had to spend the night. Hotel was easy access to freeway and the price was right. We had a refrigerator, mircowave and coffee maker Continental breakfast was more than coffee and sweet rolls. They had cereal, fruit, muffins, doughnuts, juices. Much more than I expected. Rooms were adequate, airconditioning was working all in all was very nice. This hotel sits back far enough from the freeway so that you do not hear any freeway traffic.

Room Tip: All rooms are within a secured area, meaning only one way in and one way out.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 12, 2012

my wife and I travel at least 2x's per month from mexico to the va hospital in san diego. not only is this inn convenient to the border also shopping in both el centro and calexico. These folks go out of their way w/information, directions or on one occasion a referral to a Days Inn & Suites in La Mesa, Ca. They were able to set us up w/a 3 room suite. This suite not only had a living room, sitting room, bathroom, and separate bedroom. 2 of the rooms had tv and the sitting room had table and chairs, microwave and refrigerator. All of this was offered to us at the same Rodeway Inn price we are use to paying in El Centro. Each trip made to the states now, we look forward to as we stay going over and returning. Did I mention their fabulous continental breakfast which both of these Inns provided. Bananas, apples, bagels, creme cheese, assortment of jams, juices and coffee. These folks provide clean rooms, plenty of towels easy access for handicapped guests and very important to us they are warm and welcoming to our pet. A great experience @ both Inns!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business