“Amazing home cooked food”
Review of Celia's Restaurant

Celia's Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 105 Restaurants in El Centro
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

On first impressions you may think this place is a lower market establishment. Do not judge a book by it's cover!!! Amazing home cooked food, plentiful portions, a vast menu selection and very friendly staff!!! Without a doubt worth a visit.

1  Thank Ben L

Reviewed August 5, 2014

This is by far my favorite restaurant in El Centro....and my favorite Mexican restaurant in the US! (And believe me....we have tried a LOT). The service is friendly and fast! Free chips and salsa. My favorite is the taco plate (since I need gluten free) but if you can eat flour...then you have to try the special quesadilla! But Texans beware...this is NOT TexMex. The tacos have shredded beef not ground beef (I still can't believe Texans prefer that!) Anyway...try it out...you will be hooked!

5  Thank mnmwillis
Reviewed July 22, 2014

Love the food! Always a great dinner with friends and family. Service is decent but great for the valley!

Reviewed May 29, 2014

Authentic Mexican food, with very friendly atmosphere. The Colorado river chili is a must try. Waiter is very good.

Reviewed May 21, 2014

I grew up eating Mexican food from street vendors in Mexicali during the War. I've eaten Mexican food all my life in Mexico and the U.S. I never again found the Mexican food I savored as a child.
I thought it must be me. That is until I happened into Celia's. Suddenly those flavors and tastes I remembered as a child came rushing back.
What excitement! It's been a couple of weeks now. I still can't stop thinking about it.
The mole on the cheese and onion enchilada. The frijoles that I remembered, not at all bland but rich. The tacos were of a different time and place. I want to go back. Some day I will.
I made new friends of Celia and Cecilia. Two charmers who made this happen.
I'm almost 80 and live in Kansas City but some day I'll make it back. This was the best!

4  Thank Jacksmack