“Very good Mexican Food” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 101 Restaurants in El Centro
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
San Diego, California
“Very good Mexican Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

Authentic Mexican food, with very friendly atmosphere. The Colorado river chili is a must try. Waiter is very good.

• Visited May 2014

Kansas City
“The best Mexican food in 70 years.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

I grew up eating Mexican food from street vendors in Mexicali during the War. I've eaten Mexican food all my life in Mexico and the U.S. I never again found the Mexican food I savored as a child.
I thought it must be me. That is until I happened into Celia's. Suddenly those flavors and tastes I remembered as a child came rushing back.
What excitement! It's been a couple of weeks now. I still can't stop thinking about it.
The mole on the cheese and onion enchilada. The frijoles that I remembered, not at all bland but rich. The tacos were of a different time and place. I want to go back. Some day I will.
I made new friends of Celia and Cecilia. Two charmers who made this happen.
I'm almost 80 and live in Kansas City but some day I'll make it back. This was the best!

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars
3 Thank Jacksmack
Fort Worth, Texas
“Love love love!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014 via mobile

The special quesadillas are my favorite and I cannot get them anywhere else in the country! The shredded beef tacos are yummy.. We always visit here when we visit the Imperial Valley! Highly recommend for good local Mexican food.

3 Thank wiggygailTX
So Cal Desert
“Can't Beat It!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

Celia's is home to me. I grew up with La Hacienda by Imperial Airport. Same Food, Same Great Service!

• Visited February 2014
6 Thank nanacindy
El Centro, California
“Great family atmosphere and tasty food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

We have been going to Celia's for many years. The owners, Celia and Oscar are tops. The staff if always attentive to your needs and the food is excellent. I do not believe that there is anything on their menu that anyone would not like.
They are also community spirited, as they open early on some mornings, so our local service club can have its monthly Board of Directors meeting.

• Visited March 2014