“Excellent experience - lost luggage”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in El Centro
San Diego
“Excellent experience - lost luggage”
Reviewed November 11, 2009

Our stay at the Comfort Inn was lovely. I was there for work, and the hotel was an easy and comfortable location. The staff were extremely helpful and kept asking if there was anything they could do to help. The continental breakfast was surprisingly good. About an hour after I left to go back to San Diego, I got a call from the hotel saying I had left a garment bag hanging in the closet of my room. I had booked the hotel online, so the hotel had gotten in touch with the booking agency to get my contact information. I figured I would never see my skirt and top again, having had similar experiences with other hotels. The hotel manager, Sam, took my information, and sure enough, my belongings arrived in the mail shortly thereafter. I really like that skirt, and was so thankful that the staff took the time, expense and care to get my things back to me. I would definitely stay there any time I go back to El Centro for business.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
gmca755, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 1, 2015
Dear Guest,

sam singhI
gm
comfort inn & suites el centro
760-335-3502

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
txtraveler46
Reviewed November 6, 2009

Leaky bathroom.... Wet carpet... Refused to change room... Refused refund..... Manager was never available in three days.... terrible, terrible, service.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank txtraveler46
gmca755, Owner at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 23, 2010
I'm sorry to hear that your experience with us was unsatisfactory. We strive to go above and beyond in our customer service and this is very concerning to me that you would have experienced this at our hotel. I have business cards at the front desk with my cell number on them and I instruct my front desk to call me on my cell phone if there is ever any problem. I always make myself available. Would like to know more about what happened when you stayed here. If you read this, please call me so we can make things right. Call me at 760-335-3502. If I'm not at the hotel, our front desk staff will give you my cell number.
el centro ca
Reviewed June 22, 2009

We were very impressed with the fresh scrambled eggs and sauge full of flavor.
Quality Breakfast!

Thank You.

• Stayed June 2009
calexico
Reviewed March 10, 2009

great place they go the extra mile , room is clean n' they gave a good deal for 1 night ,manager was very courteous game a choice of what floor i wanted my room .

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
La Jolla, California
Reviewed February 17, 2009

This hotel was a major let down for the Choice hotel chain! Staff was kind and friendly. We were to stay in one of the Kitchenettes in a bldg separate from the main. As soon as we walked in you could smell stale beer, even had to step over it in the elevator. Ceiling tiles had holes in them. The rooms really hadn't been renovated so much as they just put new comforters on the bed. There were bugs in the tub and I literally got sick when I opened the refrigerator. Couldn't even access the supposedly free internet to book a room some where else. It was not the place for us! Take my advice, stay elsewhere (like the Holiday Inn, we did) for the same price. Safer, cleaner and a better bargain.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank TWsBeenHereBefore
lynwood
Reviewed November 17, 2008

I'm always traveling from work and i have stayed in several hotels across the country... and I recently stayed there in june and september, and one of my perfect stay in hotel is Comfort Inn, is a relax hotel, very clean and the employees are very proffesional... An employee name Yurem from the front desk is very proffesional and very friendly. I highly recommend her for you re future needs at the hotel. In the kitchen i really missed a LADY name Nudia. she was very nice clean person. no one will replaced her good work...

• Liked — customer service
  • Disliked — no comments
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Texas
Reviewed July 27, 2008

I'm currently staying at this hotel for 3 weeks for work. It is a basic, run of the mill hotel. I'm told all the rooms were just renovated but couldn't tell, the closet area is just an open area near the door. Overall the room and common area's are clean and acceptable. The wireless works well but slows the further you get from the front desk. The hotel bar is somewhat of a local hotspot and can be quite rowdy until after 2:00am when it closes. My first day in the room the microwave did not work and the sink sprayed water in all directions but down; the mainenance staff took care of that whitin an hour of me asking but has yet to do anything about the constantly running toilet. The parking lot is shared with the bestwestern, IHOP, IN-N-Out burger, and the hotel bar so parking can be a pain from 5pm till 2am. Overall, you get what you pay for, and here in El Centro, this is about as good as it gets.

• Liked — ease of travel in the area
  • Disliked — maid turns my a/c off during the day, it's 116 outside.....why turn off a/c?
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)