Comfort Inn & Suites
$129
$149
$139
Fairfield Inn
All reviewsfront deskhotel staybreakfast hoursexcellent customer servicenight persongreat bargainsouthern californianight's restroom was cleanfresh fruitclean placeexcellent stayhotel is greatoutdoor poolwould definitely stay here againfree breakfastparking lot
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Hotel outside appearance is very dusty and dirty. Window screens are falling off Front door not locked. All windows are not clean. Breakfast leaves a lot to be desired. Hall way is HOT. Its the desert!! Our room was
very dusty. The bed sheets were not changed. Only ice machine in the hotel is not operating properly! Its the desert!!
We attribute the horrific condition to management neglect.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank spiderman60
Reviewed April 7, 2013

I stayed here while traveling on business in February 2012. Here are my thoughts:

Pros:
-Big rooms-the suites were significantly larger than other suite's I've stayed in before
-Free Internet
-Plenty of parking

Cons:
-The service was lacking: Charged my bill to the wrong account, when I caught the mistake, the staff acted as if I'd somehow annoyed them
-Common areas aren't too clean (beer bottles in hall ways)
-Room was extremely dusty...I don't have any allergies or breathing problem, but couldn't sleep once the air conditioner started
-Over priced (based on value, I'd expect to have paid 60-70% of what I paid)

Overall, the hotel itself wasn't bad and most of the cons can be fixed with better management. I would not recommend staying here unless you have no other alternative.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 18, 2013

The Comfort Inn in El Centro is a very comfortable hotel. The rooms were nice, beds comfortable, breakfast was much better than normally found in such places. They included eggs, bacon and sausage, which makes it easier to have something to eat (I'm gluten free, and most places only provide bread related choices). There was an exercise facility, pool, hot tub and the second building included a bar. Free wi-fi was available and a computer down by check in included a printer for printing boarding passes.
The only problem was that in the evening the smells from the large cattle feedlots drifted in and became very unpleasant. Luckily for me, my air con unit didn't pump it into the room. One of my co-workers had to change rooms because her door wouldn't lock. She ended up with a two room suite with a small kitchen.
Overall, staff were helpful, and you didn't hear the road noise.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

We stayed three nights and chose this hotel because it is dog friendly. The girls working the desk were very nice and we were given a recently updated room on first floor so it was easy to walk our dogs. The bed was awesome .. Very comfy. I feel like some things are looking run down and not maintained in the hotel but overall our room was clean and gave us a good base to visit my husband's hometown. Breakfast was ok but nothing special .. Bacon, eggs, sausage, pastry , cereals .. Coffee and juices. We paid $89 a night which is good for this area.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed September 4, 2012

The hotel was nicer than I expected, as I have stayed at other Comfort Inn's and this one was better than the average Comfort Inn, although I think they are pretty darned good for the price. The rooms were nice and pretty large with a kitchette and a decent sized fridge. Our first room had a balconey that overlooked a courtyard that was nice, even if it was north of 100 outside. However, our A/C broke down in the middle of the night. I told the front desk about it as soon as we came back from hunting and they had a service person there within 5 minutes. He was unable to fix it at that time, but as soon as a room was available they changed us to another room. I have to say, they dealt with the problem very well! They also have a great breakfast spread that is included in the price and the dining area is pretty nice. My biggest complaint is that they didn't have an ice machine in our building (there are two buildings). Overall a very good place.

Room Tip: Pick the 400 to 600 rooms, much bigger and nicer.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends