“Ok in El Centro” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in El Centro
Fort Worth, Texas
“Ok in El Centro”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

We stayed three nights and chose this hotel because it is dog friendly. The girls working the desk were very nice and we were given a recently updated room on first floor so it was easy to walk our dogs. The bed was awesome .. Very comfy. I feel like some things are looking run down and not maintained in the hotel but overall our room was clean and gave us a good base to visit my husband's hometown. Breakfast was ok but nothing special .. Bacon, eggs, sausage, pastry , cereals .. Coffee and juices. We paid $89 a night which is good for this area.

• Stayed March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Long Beach, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

The hotel was nicer than I expected, as I have stayed at other Comfort Inn's and this one was better than the average Comfort Inn, although I think they are pretty darned good for the price. The rooms were nice and pretty large with a kitchette and a decent sized fridge. Our first room had a balconey that overlooked a courtyard that was nice, even if it was north of 100 outside. However, our A/C broke down in the middle of the night. I told the front desk about it as soon as we came back from hunting and they had a service person there within 5 minutes. He was unable to fix it at that time, but as soon as a room was available they changed us to another room. I have to say, they dealt with the problem very well! They also have a great breakfast spread that is included in the price and the dining area is pretty nice. My biggest complaint is that they didn't have an ice machine in our building (there are two buildings). Overall a very good place.

Room Tip: Pick the 400 to 600 rooms, much bigger and nicer.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

I travel often and when I travel to El Centro, I return to this Comfort Inn. The loby, dinning area are pleasant. Seems I get Lucy when I check in (she's always helpful) the rooms are always clean and A/C's always work (it's hot in El Centro). They provide a nice breakfas, that the night person "Karen" makes. Scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, waffles, cereal, milk, juices and other stuff. Hmmm, it's a good spread, now I am hungry. Rooms have small microwave and refridgerator. Their Satellite hotel has a nice small bar and lounge that's nice, but on weekends can get loud. So if that's a issue, stay at the main hotel. In a nutshell, I've stayed at the other hotels in this area, but I feel comfortable and safe at this Comfort Inn. Any negative comments posted, I would hope management will (read) address and correct the other patrons issues and concerns. But for all my experiencs here, I have been more than happy. Good Job.

• Stayed September 2012
Bellingham, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

This is a cheap economy hotel and nothing more. The hotel has a small exercise room but the treadmill doesn't work. The outside doors at the end of the hallways are broken. You can go out them but not in because the key card readers are broken. There is a "staff only" room on the first floor stacked full of old furniture and a table that I'm assuming the staff use on their breaks. The door was propped open the whole time I was staying at the hotel and it was unsightly and looked very dirty. The service was good for check-in but not after that. I returned to my room late 1 night and the person working chased me down the hallway to ask if she could help me (a polite way to ask where I was going). The front doors to the hotel don't lock so anybody could walk in, especially when the staff are not paying attention.
Best part of the stay was the free breakfaat which starts at 4am.

• Stayed July 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

Very good hotel, more than what we expected...Close to highways and restaurants. We stayed on our trip to Phoenix to San Diego. We had a two bed room suite with ktchen and highly recommend the place for families.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
San Francisco, California, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

Nothing wrong with it at all- typical Comfort Inn! Now that bed bugs are the norm, I have bumped my "cheap lodging" up a notch on road trips, so chose this hotel and it was clean as I expected!

Location: I liked to be able to walk to In & Out Burger at 11:30 PM when I arrived here after a drive from San Diego.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
LAS CRUCES
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2012

If one stops overnight, without having an advance reservation booked through a site that guarantees cheaper rates, I would say this is a bit expensive (around $80). But if one is tired and needs to get off the road, you can depend on this motel. It is clean, not far from the Interstate, and there are restaurants close by. The breakfast space was quite adequate; it had enough tables for guests not to have to take food back to their rooms.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family