China Palace
Ranked #10 of 105 Restaurants in El Centro
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed October 12, 2013

Excellent Food American and Chinese. Owner and wait staff are friendly. Usually visited daily by local Professionals. Judges, Dr's Attorneys, Law Enforcement, and Farmers. Looks a little older but very clean and well maintained. The Tri-Tip Sandwich is a lunch special and is excellent. The Bar is always open :)

Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

Food ok. Over priced especially for the area. Atmosphere ok. Very good service...probably the only reason we dine out here.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

We were told when ate here-no substitutions. I understood this, but being on a low-salt diet, I said, I just need to have my order without salt or MSG. the waiter wrote it down, and never said anything else to me. The dinner was ok-nothing fabulous. My friend agreed. She had the regular order with salt. I was shocked to find that $5 was added to my charge for a SUBSTITUTION. I asked for the manager and explained i didn't ask for a substitution; merely that salt and MSG be left out. The manager immediately became irate, stating loudly, that there were no substitutions
and since I'd INSISTED on this SUBSTITUTION I must pay $5 extra and right now. I was embarrassed, so I ended up paying the extra money, but I added I would never go back, because the restaurant was not understanding of people on diets.
I recommend( Fortune) Garden Restaurant at the IV Mall. The food is excellent, and so is the service and my friends and I have made lots of substitutions and we are always welcomed when we go there.

Reviewed October 12, 2012

We always enjoy having family birthdays and other special events at China Palace. We get the big table with a lazy susan turntable in the middle so we can get at the food easier. We like their family dinners and add a couple of extra dishes. Always have lots to take home. Food is well prepared and the sauces are great. Highly recommend.

Reviewed June 15, 2012

I am a local and this place is what my title says "hit or miss" Sometimes you will walk in and it will be clean & inviting and the food will be excellent or others you will walk in & it will be so smoky because someone overcooked something & the food will taste like fish. Be careful.

THE STAKEHOUSE NEXT DOOR IS SO MUCH BETTER!