“can't beat this”

Ranked #15 of 19 Hotels in El Centro
El Centro, California
“can't beat this”
Reviewed May 23, 2014

I have been staying at this motel for over a year and a half. Quiet place with very accommodating stuff.Free Internet, parking, breakfast and surveillance camera for the safety of the customers and their properties.The management takes the customer's request very seriously.A couple of days ago, I requested for a change of bed, not sheets.Now I'm sleeping in a new one.For someone who needs a decent stay with a reasonable price, this is the place.It is not a fancy hotel but it is fantastic for it's price.I arrived at this motel the first week of January of 2013 but the drop down menu does not go back that far.so,I selected the closest date.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank 13Yit
V K, Manager at Days Inn El Centro, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
Thank you for the feedback, and thank you for being a repeat customer. Your business matters to us!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Pelham, New York
Reviewed March 8, 2014

I'll start by saying the staff and manager were friendly, helpful, and accommodating.

Unfortunately, there are bedbugs at this hotel and there were multiple large palmetto bugs in the room in the morning. I later found online that years ago someone reported bedbugs in the same room I was in, so this is a known problem here that they haven't fixed.

I knew this wasn't a luxury hotel and the room was a standard older motel. I would've been fine staying here for my entire reservation time had it not been for the bugs.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank J W
V K, Manager at Days Inn El Centro, responded to this review, April 5, 2014
We appreciate your review and feedback, We apologize for the unpleasant experience, I can say 100% that the experience you read about a year ago is in no way related to what recently happened. Unfortunately we cannot refuse service to someone based on appearance and we find out about the situation when we clean the room or when someone has experienced what you did. We do our best to take care of our hotels and the rooms and will have this taken care of. We are very sorry that you had this experience.

Travelers are raving about these El Centro hotels

El Centro
Reviewed September 16, 2013

I am disabled to the point I do not move like other people and have trouble talking. I do not yet need any special accommodations. I stopped at this motel and was told the available rooms were being cleaned and come back in 2 hours. As I walked to my car I saw someone else pull up and go into the office. A few minutes later they came out of the office with a key and went to their room. 2 hours later I was told the people who were suppose to move out hadn't yet and I should come back in 2 hours. This is in the afternoon. They were stalling me to see if they could fill up their rooms with non-disabled people. If they could not they would give me one so they would not have a vacancy.

Alan

Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
V K, Manager at Days Inn El Centro, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
the statement regarding disabled people is absolutely incorrect. The comment regarding an additional person came to the hotel after you tried to get a room and were asked to wait for 2 hours. The person coming had a previous reservation and we cannot give an already rented room away. We are very sorry that you could not be checked in immediately and we hope that you found good accomodations. Again we apologize for the inconvenience.
San Jose, California
Reviewed January 2, 2013

* Sapna (the front desk lady) was very nice and friendly.
* Room was clean and worth the price.
* Inexpensive
* Only 2 miles from the freeway and it is close to eating joints and shopping.
* Just keep in mind that this is not a luxury hotel - so, don't expect too much :)
* There is coffee and juice, but no breakfast.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Sunny M
V K, General Manager at Days Inn El Centro, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
We are a limited service budget hotel but we pride ourselves on being friendly and having a clean establishment. We since have incorporated a continental breakfast. Thank you for staying with us and we hope you come back soon!
Ridgecrest, California
Reviewed November 11, 2012

If you need a place under $40 (and this includes tax) I'd come here. Rooms were clean but tired (carpet needs to be restretched or replaced.)
Great to have a small fridge that was actually already cold.
Door lock had a problem which was dealt with immediately.

Room Tip: I asked for and received a ground level floor.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank marros1960
V K, Manager at Days Inn El Centro, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Thank you for your review, since this time we have upgraded our hotel and look forward to new guests in 2014!
la
Reviewed September 2, 2012

i was here at the hunting trip and bookd my room before.when i arrived i found my room nice and fresh the staff was very nice they turn in the air i think before we arrived as it`s too hot outside here.the rooms were clean and i would recommend to stay here i am definately staying.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank martin a
V K, Manager at Days Inn El Centro, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Even though this is an older review, we still thank you for your comment and we appreciate all our guests.
Reviewed November 5, 2010

Under new management I stayed this place for tow nights, it was awesome, it is safes place, room was clean and big, the guy at front desk was very helpful every thing is so close you can walk it like carl's jr, jack in the box, McDonald's , pizza hut and sizzlers and jalisco's grill.

• Stayed November 2010
4 Thank miriam2211
V K, Manager at Days Inn El Centro, responded to this review, May 23, 2014
Although this review is older, we continuously try to create a good clean comfortable hotel. Thank you.