“Great hotel”

TownePlace Suites El Centro
Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in El Centro
Reviewed August 10, 2014

We stayed here for a night on our way from Phoenix to San Diego. Great place! Front desk people were friendly and helpful. Beds were comfortable and rooms had everything you could possibly need. Great location too - right by the mall so several places to eat and shop.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Jimena A, General Manager at TownePlace Suites El Centro, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2014

Dear Stephanie,

Thank you very much for taking the take to review our property on Trip Advisor. My team strives to provide our travelers with the best possible customer service, so our guests’ recognition is the key element to measure our success. We hope to see you again in the near future and thank you again for choosing us!

Reviewed July 20, 2014

My wife and two children had the pleasure of staying at this hotel it was nice and spacious very clean staff was very helpful continental breakfast was just your basics but everything was clean and organize definitely would stay here again very quiet room even though we were on the first floor near the lobby entrance . This hotel is located in the parking lot of the Imperial Valley Mall mall so there's lots of shopping areas all around you within walking distance and several restaurants and fast food all very neat and clean. There is also a Chucky cheese and a very nice movie theater located in the mall.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Jimena A, Manager at TownePlace Suites El Centro, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2014

Thank you for staying at the TownePlace suites by Marriott in El Centro, California. I would like to take a moment to thank you for the score and positive comments you gave our property on Trip Advisor. My team and I strive to provide our travelers with the best customer service so your positive feedback is really important to us. Thank you again for choosing our property during your trip to El Centro!

Reviewed June 6, 2014

I travel to Imperial for business and will be traveling here often over the next year. I've stayed in several hotels in the Valley but this is my go-to hotel from now on.

The hotel is clean, the staff is friendly and attentive, the room is set up perfectly for the way I like to work. It has a full kitchen (including a dish washer), closet that is accessible from the kitchen and the shower, and no-nonsense WiFi setup. It's within walking distance of Chili's, Famous Dave's BBQ, Olive Garden, an Italian place, fast food and Starbucks. There is an AM/PM convenience store within close driving distance.

Everyone runs into issues with hotels now and then, even five-star, so I would take those reviews as exceptions. For me, as long as a room is available, when I travel to El Centro I'm staying at the TownePlace Suites.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Jimena A, Manager at TownePlace Suites El Centro, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2014

Thank you for staying at the TownePlace Suites by Marriott in El Centro, California. My staff and I would like to express our gratitude for the positive feedback you gave our property and staff on Trip Advisor. Our team strives to provide our travelers with the best possible customer service, so our guests’ recognition is the key element to measure our success. Please, do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or concerns and thank you again for choosing us!

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Hotel staff is pleasant and immediately greet you upon arrival. Facility is clean and well maintained. This is my choice hotel when traveling for work. It is conveniently located to several restaurants and a nice shopping mall.

Room Tip: Rooms near elevator are a little more noisier than others, but the property is relatively quiet so t...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Jimena A, General Manager at TownePlace Suites El Centro, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for staying at the TownePlace Suites by Marriott in El Centro, California. My staff and I would like to express our gratitude for the positive feedback you gave our property and staff during the Marriott survey. Our team strives to provide our travelers with the best possible customer service, so our guests’ recognition is the key element to measure our success. Please, do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or concerns and thank you again for choosing us!

Reviewed April 21, 2014

Stayed here for 5 weeks business trip Staff were fantastic very friendly always able to help when needed without hesitation.
Room was fantastic very comfy bed, cleaners were very good, very quiet when I was there which was nice just to sit outside on the benches at night, felt very safe.
Shopping complex just over the way everything you could need in one area.
Would stay again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Ainza, General Manager at TownePlace Suites El Centro, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2014

Dear Tiffani,

Reviewed April 9, 2014

One positive first - Good location close to freeway, restaurants and shopping.

Now the bad - Smelled as if someone had been smoking in the room. Only help from front desk, we can send up some air freshener.. TV in living area did not work. Front desk only help just a sorry about that. Breakfast area completely empty with 30 minutes to go in breakfast service. Person stocking the area was too busy chatting at the front desk to restock. Phone call to front desk at 10:30 pm to leave wake up call took 27 rings to answer. Slow internet at night when hotel is close to full.

Final nail in the coffin, When checking out I discussed all the problems with the assistant manger who said they would take issues up with staff and to make things right would credit me 1,000 Marriott points. It has been two weeks now and no additional points credited.

Bottom line - If you have to be in El Centro stay at any other Marriott property or any other hotel but here. They could careless about customer service!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Ainza, Manager at TownePlace Suites El Centro, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2014

Dear ROY,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property in TripAdvisor and sharing your experience with the TownePlace Suites El Centro.

Please accept my sincere apologies for all the inconveniences you experienced, as I mentioned during our conversation I am truly sorry we were unable to accommodate your needs and that you encountered so many issues during your stay.I have addressed all this issues with my staff and we are working to avoid any of this from happening again. However,I am really disappointed to see that up this point you are still not able to see your Marriott Reward points credited towards your account, I would like to let know that I credited 2,000 points right after you left. I always advise our guest that it may take few weeks until your point balance is updated with points added manually, my apologies if I failed to do so and this generated the impression that I did not credit the points at all. I will contact Marriott Rewards on Monday to inquire about your balance, please be confident they will show in your account soon.

We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. You’re a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. We would like to regain your trust and hope to serve you again in the future. If I may be of assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

The weather was warm during the day and I'm from Phoenix. I don't mind an 80 degree room. It wasn't fixed during my 3 day stay.

Otherwise, the room was scrupulously clean. Bathroom is cramped, but has all the normal amenities. Liked the Paul Mitchell shampoo/conditioner. Shower hot, pressure not great.

Wifi deplorable. Strength was okay, but was bogged down by too many users. My pages timed out continuously and I couldn't work.

Bed was comfortable and pillow selection very good. Room was quiet and away from the road.

Breakfast was good. I would have liked popcorn in the room. Mall is nearby, so are lots of restaurants.

Easy to find, right off I-8, parking was reasonable.

Room Tip: If they fix the thermostat, 409 is a decent room.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Ainza, General Manager at TownePlace Suites El Centro, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for staying at the TownePlace Suites by Marriott in El Centro, California. I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our property after your recent stay. I would also like to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay at our property. My team and I strive to provide our travelers with the best customer service, so I 'm disappointed for not being able to fulfill your expectations. I will take your suggestions into consideration and hopefully we will be able to solve some of these issues promptly.

Also consider these accommodations in or near El Centro
Days Inn El Centro
Days Inn El Centro
#8 of 19 in El Centro
Best Western Plus Main Street Inn

Been to TownePlace Suites El Centro? Share your experiences!