“OTB for Gluten Free Dining” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
San Diego, California, United States
“OTB for Gluten Free Dining”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

I recently found out that a couple of bad health issues were attributable to gluten. I went gluten free and found that indeed that was the problem. But the idea of not eating gluten products again was frustrating and depressing. I've been struggling to figure out how to eat. This past weekend my husband and I had a date with a friend in El Cajon. Beforehand I looked up restaurants with GF menus and was surprised to see the OTB had a GF menu. Turned out that our friend wanted to eat there so I was not only able to order but really really enjoyed my meal. There were a few other things I had to avoid too like chiles, lemon, vinegar but it was okay. The staff was extremely accommodating and made my order exactly according to my wishes. So instead of bemoaning what I couldn't eat I was able to enjoy a wonderful meal that I could eat. Thank you OTB!

• Visited July 2013

Foremost
“Best Fajitas”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

My husband and I visited this resturant twice in one week. Both times the Fajitas were excellent..The staff is very friendly and our waiter was the best we have had on our trip to California!!!

• Visited February 2013
San Diego, CA
“Greasy food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2013

Nice restaurant, greasy food. Good location, good hours, good service. Too bad the food is so mediocre and the servings are too large. This is not the place for quiet dining or for authentic Mexican food. This is more like that salsa that is made in New York City!

Visited January 2013
El Cajon, California
“Good Food Great Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

Everything starts great with Adrian the GM. He is always on the ball with his employees and the kitchen He does everything in the place, No such thing as Im the GM it isnt my job. ALicia and Chris are two of my favorites, Chris is a buisser but shold be waiting tables he knows averything about the job, Alicia is one wonderful waitress we loive and ask for. Maria is the day times and came with the furniture., SHe is great Dave does a great job being the area manager keeping the OTB's up and going and Brett the Owner can be proud of El Cajons OTB love the place

Visited October 2012
Dallas Tx
“Good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2012

Another referral of Mikes at Super 8. Being from Texas he recommended the crispy shell ground beef tacos. We had Alicia T as our waitress and she was the best. The GM Adrian took 15% off the total bill an arrangement he has with Mike and honored it Food an Service were great We will be back in August.

Visited July 2012

Been to On the Border? Share your experiences!