“Clean, comfortable and good location”

Super 8 El Cajon CA
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in El Cajon
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I spent 12 days here when flying at nearby Gillespie Field. The coist of flying means there's not much cash left for lodging, hence the Super 8 or next-door Northgate fit the bill.

The big downer for me was negotiating an extension on my checkout time from 11am till 4pm (evening flight), without having to paying for another 24 hours. A unreasonable request was a real pain, getting final approval from the proprietor (it's a franchise) from first mention to desk took over 12 hours. I thought Americans were "experts in customer service", never mind.

Apart from that, the room was fine, the bed comfy and the location ideal (a little noisy being next to I-8).
Breakfast is basic, if you are happy with corn flakes, toast and an apple, fine, otherwise be prepared to look around the neighbourhood to find better alternatives.
El Cajon is no La Jolla, some dodgy characters lurking around / near the car park but this is usual Street Life USA, no trouble though.
Would stay again.

Room Tip: Go for a freeway view !
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed October 9, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Reviewed September 19, 2012

I just spent 3 nights at the Super 8, El Cajon, CA and found it to be an excellent facility and a great location in east San Diego County. A very nice room, with a great bed and pillows, clean bathroom, and nice tub shower. KD and Mike were the Front Desk staff, and both added to my fine stay with their knowledge, professionalism, and want-to-attitude to assist guests. The rooms were quickly cleaned and straightened up each morning by nice housekeepers. I don't think you could beat the price for nice rooms and service that this Super 8 offers. Again the Front Desk Staff add to the value of staying at this facility. Nice Mexican, steak, and other restaurants are close by, as are shopping centers. It is convenient to highway on ramps and off ramps, but not close enough to be noisy. Hard to beat this nice motel.

Room Tip: Third floor was the most quiet, and there is an elevator.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank fly24fun
Reviewed August 3, 2012

My Husband and I have been staying at this Motel with Our Parents for the past 5
years. Every year they invite us and pay our rooms and we have a great time.All
the employees are always very friendly We get a good rate and love the place.
The Beds are always comfortbale, firm and relaxing, they have a small
continental breakfast of pastrys,muffins,cereal,milk,coffee,apples and juice
something to get us started All the rooms have micro waves and small fridges
they have free Wi-Fi the pool is small but it is cold and wet and you can have
fun if you try.Cable TV with free HBO and Showtime Close to all attarctions in
the area rates are very reasonable the rooms for an economy motel are large big
TV's rooms are very well kept by housekeeping Two employees stick out one is
a yougner man in the day time the other is late at night and both are named
Mike The daytime one is always very friendly to us when we arrive makes
arrangements to put our fmaily and My Parents next to each other, the night Mike
is very helpful in directions to everything and even got us a 15% discount on
our meal at Black Angus We will be coming for sure again next year

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank PeggyLeg
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Location has easy freeway access. Good bed, neat room. Appeared they were remodeling a few things. Generally clean. Don't walk around without your shoes, carpet appears newer, but the parking lot grease has been tracked in! Breakfast is small choice. There is a cafe across the lot with great meals. For the price, I would stay again. The check-in was easy and very helpful. I would double check the bill, they charged us for safe usage, which we never touched. When we questioned it, they took it right off. After reading some of the complaints listed: the pool was small but did the trick in the heat. Our room was large and the bed was comfortable. I knew we weren't staying at the Hilton and felt everything was good. Good Value.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 22, 2012

This is a very modest hotel with great prices and that was fine with me. I wanted a decent, inexpensive place to stay and that's what I got. The guy Mike at the front desk was extremely friendly and switched me from a smoking room to a non-smoking room. (LOOK closely when you are making your reservations online because I didn't even realize I was reserving a smoking room). The free breakfast was slim pickings, but I'm not going to complain for the price and it filled me up. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
#2 of 15 in El Cajon
Best Western Lamplighter Inn & Suites at SDSU
Best Western Santee Lodge
Best Western Continental Inn

Been to Super 8 El Cajon CA? Share your experiences!