“Cozy”

Motel 6 San Diego - El Cajon
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in El Cajon
Reviewed January 13, 2011

I really enjoy staying there because of the value and the location. Everytime I go the staff is friendly and the room is fresh and clean... they got my vote!

Stayed: December 2010, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Motel 6 San Diego - El Cajon

Reviewed December 21, 2010

We had no towels and the room smelled like urine. One of the twin beds were lop sided. When I woke up the next morning, my back was aching. When we checked out, management refused to give me back photocopies of our driver license information. They stated that it was city policy and they will destroy our personal information after 90 days. However, I do not know if this is true. If something ever happens like identity theft, I will know where this transpired. WE WILL NEVER TRAVEL THROUGH EL CAJON CALIFORNIA AGAIN !!!!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 8, 2010

I'm scratching my head at the glowing comments about this motel. I stayed here for one night in March 2010. I've stayed in plenty of Motel 6 locations and this is the worst room that I've had. The bathroom tile was pretty dirty. It looks as if this was designed to be a wheelchair accessible room (see the bathroom pictures). But that doesn't make sense because there was so little space. There was barely any space between the edge of the bed and the desk. The carpet was thin and frayed and the edge of the nightstand was missing its trim. The room was obviously tired and worn. At least it was just one night.

As for location, it's right off the freeway so it's convenient. The area seemed a bit seedy, though.

We were just passing through for the night. But if I were to stay longer, I would have spent more for a room in the hotel circle area.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 21, 2010

I just wanted to say how incredible the customer service Tony Patchin, the General Manager gave me.Arriving late I was having problems with my interntet....Tony Patchin went all out to help me to make sure internet was on for me, when a extra mile to find a extra plug for me.One incredible thing I noticed was that when I went to the office, he was actually happy to help me!!!! He was NOT annoyed, he just wanted to make sure I had everything I needed. This was quite a shock compared to other places I have stayed. Give Tony Patchin a raise!! I will deffinetly be back the rooms were very clean too !!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed February 18, 2010

This prpoerty is a great value. Close to all San Diego attractions. Property is well maintained, rooms are very clean and comfortable. The staff (front desk, house keeping, manager) is great - friendly and helpful. Very safe and secure environment. I have stayed here several times over the last six months and don't even bother anymore checking out other lodging alternatives. No issues at all, very affordable (check out internet rates, about $40 including tax a night for two people), only a $4 increase for the weekend nights. And... very pet friendly.

Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 25, 2010

i agree with the other reviewers- the rates at this motel are much lower than similar chain motels located more centrally in san diego. it's worth the low rate to drive a little farther to access san diego sites. it's also well located for outdoor pursuits/hiking at mission trails park, laguna mountains, etc. their rates on weekends are especially low compared to similar motels in san diego that spike their weekend rates
the rooms are clean, quiet and safe.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed September 30, 2009

This was great news for me....lower prices and still close enough to all the sights and attractions. Yes, its a six - ten min. dive further that staying at the Hotel Circle hotels but the savings gave us more $ to spend on the trips activities.
This hotel, like all Motel 6 and other budget hotels, was not fancy (and you do need to bring your own shampoo) but this one was very clean, beds comfy, sparkling swiming pool and had employees that seemed to care about their jobs and the guests.
Tip: there is a good asian buffet restaurant right next door that is good on the wallett and your taste buds too!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with friends
#4 of 15 in El Cajon
Relax Inn and Suites
Relax Inn and Suites
#6 of 15 in El Cajon

Been to Motel 6 San Diego - El Cajon? Share your experiences!