See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed May 28, 2018 via mobile

Where do I begin? There was a homeless man in the room above us that wanted to play with his toolbox all night slamming tools and dropping tools on the floor and scooting Furniture across the floor. We complained about this multiple times, but nothing ones done. Phone did not work. The Friday before Memorial Day, they charged us $200 for our piece of junk room, we weren't aware of this because we booked it on Priceline and didn't find out until we told them we didn't want to stay the full week. The second night we were charged $100, thus we were charged $300 for staying there two days. We did not even receive any shampoo, the hotel staff were rude and the supervisor would not return our phone calls. When we question the front desk as to why the supervisor will not call us back, the girl said that she's too busy to return phone calls and we would just have to keep trying to call her until we got a hold of her. My husband got a bite on his groin after sleeping in the bed, I'd stay clear of this place, it's a rip-off and they don't care about their customers. They also rent rooms to homeless and basically let them do whatever they want.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
6Team, Brand Experience Team at Motel 6 San Diego - El Cajon, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2018

Lynn, Thank you for posting your review. We are committed to carrying a clean, comfortable room and apologize for any failure in delivering on the commitment during your recent stay. Please know the conditions you experienced are an exception to our guest commitment, and as such, we apologize. Motel 6 standards for quality rest on our promise to offer the lowest price of any national chain by delivering the essential elements of a comfortable room for a satisfying stay, for this reason, we apologize for the disappointment you describe with the expectations of amenities. We invite you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed May 10, 2018 via mobile

DONALD was the worst! He works at the front desk and should immediately be fired ! I Have personally contacted corporate And anyone else above to have this Man evaluated and fired. He has disrespected several individuals and customer service is really just not. I’m completely disgusted with his behavior and can’t believe a hotel would allow someone like that to meet and greet guest from all over. This man gives this company a bad reputation! I was in town for a business trip and he ruin my stay! I’ll definitely be sure to let all our connections know that motel 6 in El Cajon is not where u wanna be. He should be completely fired! His attitude is completely unacceptable!

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Traveled on business
6Team, Brand Experience Team at Motel 6 San Diego - El Cajon, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2018

Dear Lashay, Thank you for taking the time to post your review. It is important for all of our guests to feel welcomed, receive the highest level of service, respect and hospitality. The customer service issues you describe are atypical to Motel 6 standards for quality, and we are sorry you experienced less than satisfying service during your visit. We strongly encourage you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed November 4, 2017

We stayed there for one night. The room was clean and the price very affordable, which is what we looked for. The Wi-Fi wasn't great though. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Good place if you wish to travel out of San Diego (we were on iur way to Arizona).

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed February 14, 2017 via mobile

Room is no frills and it smelled like cigarette smoke in the bathroom. But it was clean and adequate for a cheap room. I did not feel comfortable by myself after seeing the activity around the hotel grounds. This isn't the hotel to bring your kids for vacation. It seems this Motel 6 doubles as Section 8 housing. Sketchy.

Date of stay: February 2017
Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Kim N
Reviewed December 11, 2016

I had a great stay at the El Cajon Motel 6. I was late getting in, yet the staff was very polite and efficient.The rate was reasonable, my room was clean the water was hot. Made my trip very successful indeed. No frills but no regrets.

Date of stay: August 2016