“May want to avoid this summer”

Econo Lodge Inn & Suites El Cajon San Diego East
Ranked #11 of 15 Hotels in El Cajon
Los Alamitos, California
“May want to avoid this summer”
Reviewed February 13, 2011

I was able to get the room for $60 a night. I relied on Tripadvisor to select it, as it was rated # 2 in El Cajon. # 1 was $130 to $190 and a drive away from town. I'll admit up front I didn't want the hassle of moving to another place, or even from my room. That said, I spent 5 nites there. I asked for a non-smoking room, and I got a room with a no smoking sign on the door. It was obvious when they needed to put a smoker in there the did. Then the desk BS'd me when I mentioned the odor. The rest of the room was clean, the maids were good, and the in-room coffee is great.

HERE IS WHY I SAY now thru this summer, it may not be a good choice: They are becoming a Howard Johnson, and it looks like a lot of painting, patching, room refurb will be going on for awhile. The place has not been properly maintained, and it shows. I'll be looking for other digs on my next trip to this area.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed September 23, 2010

The room was very spacious and clean, and the fridge works. The room rate was a great value, and the internet was complimentary and fast. It is next to a car wash but they are quiet from 8 pm until 8 am. The breakfast has fruit, coffee, juice, and pastries.

We went to San Diego to visit family and this location is closer to I-8 to go back to Phoenix. Therefore, there is less traffic hassle. We also went to the zoo on the weekend. Parking at the zoo is free so that's a plus.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
4 Thank LadyStephana
crownpoint
Reviewed September 11, 2010

we enjoyed our stayed we love it here everything was nearby we need more light in the back of the hotel for our security

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank cleeveCrownpoint
Los Angeles
Reviewed October 2, 2007

Enjoyed my stay at this place, it was clean and quiet, and the front desk staff were very good at their job. I would stay there again.

• Liked — quiet room
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Stayed September 2007
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank GoogleMEjason
#6 of 15 in El Cajon
Super 8 El Cajon CA
Super 8 El Cajon CA
#4 of 15 in El Cajon

Been to Econo Lodge Inn & Suites El Cajon San Diego East? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Econo Lodge Inn & Suites El Cajon San Diego East

Property: Econo Lodge Inn & Suites El Cajon San Diego East
Address: 588 N Mollison Ave, I-8 Exit Mollison Avenue, El Cajon, CA 92021-6143 (Formerly Howard Johnson)
Location: United States > California > El Cajon
Business Center with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Kitchenette Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #11 of 15 Hotels in El Cajon
Hotel Class:2 star — Econo Lodge Inn & Suites El Cajon San Diego East 2*
Welcome to the Econolodge Inn & Suites, El Cajon Hotel, where you’ll experience an intimate, casual atmosphere with personalized service, contemporary amenities and customer-oriented features. Whether you’re here on a relaxing getaway vacation or an important business venture, you’ll appreciate our peaceful ambiance, hospitable service and convenient location without spending a fortune. Our friendly, professional staff ensures that your stay will be a memorable and relaxing experience. This El Cajon hotel is near all the attractions and activities that make this place such a fun destination. If you are looking for a hotel near fun things to do this hotel near San Diego Zoo is the perfect location to stay. We are also located within miles from Knotts Soak City and San Diego SeaWorld. Offering comfort and convenience to business and leisure travelers, this El Cajon Hotel offers value with cozy accommodations, amenities and easy access to restaurants, shopping and local area attractions. We offer our guest a more affordable room rate with luxury & friendly services. Relaxing Retreat, take a dip in our private, crystal clear swimming pool. Econolodge Inn & Suites will ensure your family a comfortable and relaxing stay. We offer plenty of room options and features especially designed to serve families traveling together. We welcome you to our hotel, and hope you enjoy your stay. Make your family vacation more attractive to Southern California - treat yourself to the Econolodge Inn & Suites. Choose this El Cajon Hotel for your travel needs. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Choice Hotels, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and Agoda so you can book your Econo Lodge Inn & Suites El Cajon San Diego East reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Howard Johnson El Cajon/San Diego Area Hotel El Cajon