“WORK IN SAN DIEGO AREA”

Econo Lodge Inn & Suites El Cajon San Diego East
Ranked #11 of 15 Hotels in El Cajon
Reviewed August 9, 2012

A 2 week job turned into a 4.5 month job. I was fortunate to find a great little motel at a fair price. The staff was excellent, worked with my changing schedule like real professionals. House keeping kept my room in tip-top shape, the desk personal went out of their way to make me feel at home. For the price and location, EXCELLENT value. I had a King non-smoking, BIG room with a couch and VERY comfortable bed.

I will stay here again. When I call, I just say this is Mike from 131!

Room Tip: I was traveling by myself, though my wife would drive out on some weekends, no extra charge. I just...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Michael S
Chetan P, General Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites El Cajon San Diego East, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2012

Thanks Mike! we enjoyed having you at our hotel for many days, we appreciate you sending us many of your co-workers. As you enjoyed the outstanding service and accomodations so did they. They were especially happy with our kitchen rooms, it was a great feature they were looking for. We hope you have more work in the San Diego Area, we will keep your favorite room for you. Once again thank you from me and my staff. Hope to see you and your fellow co-workers soon.

Thanks!

Reviewed July 7, 2012

Booked through hotels.com, first experience with hotels.com. I was impressed seamless. Walked in told them I needed to check in they asked for my name, checked my drivers license, signed a the hotel doc and got my keys. Room was very clean, beds were awesome. Quiet stay. Check out was nothing at all. Would definetaly recommend and stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank Tlawen
Management response:Responded July 8, 2012

Thanks you for staying with us. I am glad that we met your expectation. Our new renovated rooms are liked by our guests, soon we will have our new breakfast room that will serve a better breakfast. We are always working hard to provide excellent service, clean and spacious rooms, with all amenities ours guests are expecting. We hope to see you soon again.
Thanks for your business!

Reviewed June 12, 2012

Upon arrival, the location was alittle uninviting as it is located behind a convenient store and car wash right off the highway. But I put that aside in hopes for a clean and comfortable bed to rest our heads. Check in was fast and we were able to check in early. Our room was second floor, clean and spacious. We were missing a remote for tv, called the front desk and they brought it up quickly. Here's the kicker in the stay....we opened the sofa bed for our son to sleep on which had sheets already on with crumbs in it. We called the front desk and they brought us another sheet and apologized. However it was still gross to put our son in the bed knowing that it wasn't cleaned. After going to sleep, we awoke in time for the breakfast that they advertised and was extremely disappointed! There was no hot/cold cereal or the waffles they mention. The only thing there was 3 danishes and juice. When I inquired as to what happened to the breakfast they advertise, the woman advised me the city closed that down so it had to be removed. She apologized. This was one of the reasons we stayed at the hotel. We were traveling on a budget and having breakfast included was great. We ended up eating out breakfast. I unfortunately do not think I would recommend this hotel or will be staying at this location again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank clc417
Reviewed June 8, 2012

I book this hotel from Priceline which they offer best lower price compare by other distributor, I pay $62 plus tax total cost me $69, but when I check tripadvisor see some one can only pay $32 each night there at last June, :( but I still happy with what I paid ! :)) the guy in the front dest is nice and he give me free upgrade then I got one king non smoking suite, it come with big sofa and ottoman, also refrigerator,Microwave, hair dry, big wall mirror, Iron, coffee maker (but no glass carafe in the machine?) above these item most hotel or motel they don't offer complete in such small town, the room is so clean but different from out side look, and the bed is so comfortable, a quiet thursday night, finally I had a good mood one nighte there compare to all my travel day in San Diego !

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Vivian C
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Cheap & cheerful. Massive rooms with continental breakfast thrown in. Only stayed one night as we were just passing through.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JJ_Lamour
Reviewed March 12, 2012

This is a very nice hojo. I've only stayed at a couple, but this was better than some hilton properties I've stayed at. The room sizes and quality is the best aspects for me. That and the service. Nice people. I can see they are putting some TLC into it which is very nice to see. I would definetly consider staying here again.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Brace D
Chetan P, Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites El Cajon San Diego East, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2012

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay, we appreciate feed back from our guests. I am glad you liked our newly renovated rooms. We are almost done with our renovation, we will have a new breakfast room, where we could serve an expanded breakfast within few weeks, and a new lobby for the comfort of our guests. Hope to see you soon.

Thanks again.

Reviewed February 13, 2012

No frills hotel, noisy in the afternoon, parking lot very full, loud at night (and I mean 1 - 4 am), couldn't sleep, walls paper thin. bad neighborhood, but the place is being renovated so hopefully they get it right. Got put into a smoking room, I don't think they have aired that room out since whenever. Pool & Spa out of service during the renovation, at least get the Continental Breakfast working, that should be simple!

Room Tip: Get a Non Smoking Room, maybe stay close to the office, might not be as loud since I doubt managemen...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Chetan P, Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites El Cajon San Diego East, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2012

I am glad you chose to stay with us, as you mentioned our rooms are large and newly renovated, we currently in process of renovating, our pool, lobby. Our rooms are refreshed with new, carpet, furniture, bedding, and new amenties such as fridge,microwave,hair dryer,coffee maker,iron and ironing board. We do extend our applogies on our breakfast bar. We are in process of renovating a new breakfast room, that will be more comfortable and unable us to provide better breakfast offerings in the near future. Also I would like to say how sorry I am that you were disturbed by noisy guest during the night. Sometimes our guests tends to get loud, when they are having fun, we will attempt to remedy these situations better in the future, so our guests are having a pleasant stay.