“Great price, comfortable bed & clean room!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Econo Lodge Inn & Suites El Cajon San Diego East

Econo Lodge Inn & Suites El Cajon San Diego East
Ranked #12 of 14 Hotels in El Cajon
New York City, New York
“Great price, comfortable bed & clean room!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2012

I book this hotel from Priceline which they offer best lower price compare by other distributor, I pay $62 plus tax total cost me $69, but when I check tripadvisor see some one can only pay $32 each night there at last June, :( but I still happy with what I paid ! :)) the guy in the front dest is nice and he give me free upgrade then I got one king non smoking suite, it come with big sofa and ottoman, also refrigerator,Microwave, hair dry, big wall mirror, Iron, coffee maker (but no glass carafe in the machine?) above these item most hotel or motel they don't offer complete in such small town, the room is so clean but different from out side look, and the bed is so comfortable, a quiet thursday night, finally I had a good mood one nighte there compare to all my travel day in San Diego !

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank Vivian C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Midlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2012

Cheap & cheerful. Massive rooms with continental breakfast thrown in. Only stayed one night as we were just passing through.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JJ_Lamour
Yorba Linda, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2012

This is a very nice hojo. I've only stayed at a couple, but this was better than some hilton properties I've stayed at. The room sizes and quality is the best aspects for me. That and the service. Nice people. I can see they are putting some TLC into it which is very nice to see. I would definetly consider staying here again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Brace D
Chetan P, Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites El Cajon San Diego East, responded to this review, March 14, 2012
Thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay, we appreciate feed back from our guests. I am glad you liked our newly renovated rooms. We are almost done with our renovation, we will have a new breakfast room, where we could serve an expanded breakfast within few weeks, and a new lobby for the comfort of our guests. Hope to see you soon.

Thanks again.
Big Bear Lake CA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2012

No frills hotel, noisy in the afternoon, parking lot very full, loud at night (and I mean 1 - 4 am), couldn't sleep, walls paper thin. bad neighborhood, but the place is being renovated so hopefully they get it right. Got put into a smoking room, I don't think they have aired that room out since whenever. Pool & Spa out of service during the renovation, at least get the Continental Breakfast working, that should be simple!

Room Tip: Get a Non Smoking Room, maybe stay close to the office, might not be as loud since I doubt managemen...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Chetan P, Manager at Econo Lodge Inn & Suites El Cajon San Diego East, responded to this review, February 17, 2012
I am glad you chose to stay with us, as you mentioned our rooms are large and newly renovated, we currently in process of renovating, our pool, lobby. Our rooms are refreshed with new, carpet, furniture, bedding, and new amenties such as fridge,microwave,hair dryer,coffee maker,iron and ironing board. We do extend our applogies on our breakfast bar. We are in process of renovating a new breakfast room, that will be more comfortable and unable us to provide better breakfast offerings in the near future. Also I would like to say how sorry I am that you were disturbed by noisy guest during the night. Sometimes our guests tends to get loud, when they are having fun, we will attempt to remedy these situations better in the future, so our guests are having a pleasant stay.

Travelers are raving about these El Cajon hotels

Santa cruz county Ca.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2012

got my price for the room on Priceline, $39.00 per night
Everything but the coffee maker was as expected- they quickly replaced the coffee maker with a one cup wonder, which for a coffee drinker, isn't of much use.
The mattress was better than what I have a home,
they are remodeling things there, the pool was closed. they have a free continental breakfast which is standard, from 6am to 9am, I was ready to leave early on check out but when I went to get the breakfast & hit the road- they must have overslept - not to worry- there was a 24hr convenience store 100ft away, tanked up my thermos and grabbed some sweet rolls and was out of there, on the road and breezed through LA without.even a slow down on the 5.

Room Tip: parking is tight , try and get an end room
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank BriskGo
We are glad you enjoyed our spacious newly renovated room, as you mentioned we are in process of renovating the pool area and a new breakfast facility to provide even better service. On your next visit try our suite or a kitchentte room with modern cooktop, and other facilities. We hope to see you soon.
Florence, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2011

I got to admit, I feel I got a great deal with Hotel.com for the price location and cleaniess. I got to the hotel which name has been change from Super 8 to Howard Johnson, which I think Howard Johnson is better name. Was greeted by really nice people. So I goto my room, was happy there was a microwave, refrigerator and coffee maker. Comfortable king size bed. And very clean room. I really enjoyed the poolside. There was even breakfast in the morning, all this for $32.00 night in June, Wow well worth every penny.

• Stayed June 2011
6 Thank j1holmes
Neuhausen, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2011

We booked our room through expedia and it cost very less here. Room was very spacious..nice amenities and comfortable bed.. more than what we expected !

Just a small tip.. breakfast was something that will not please you here so just keep something that you can eat here in the morning.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple