“The best staff and very nice rooms!”

Best Western Courtesy Inn
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in El Cajon
san diego, United States
“The best staff and very nice rooms!”
Reviewed March 26, 2014

I was released from the hospital and needed a temporary place to stay. I was wheelchair bound due to breaking my leg. I am also a diabetic and my memory was not well. The staff was aware of my issues and went above and beyond to make sure that I had everything that I needed. Beyond anything that I asked for, they would even call me to check if I needed anything and to make sure that I was doing alright! I have heard a lot of stories about the bad quality of the hotels in the area, but this one was just great. The rooms were nice and clean, no problems at all. The breakfast was great too. I would definitely recommend anyone to stay at this hotel, it is a great value and even if it did cost more, the staff alone would make it worth it!

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
San Diego, United States
Reviewed March 21, 2014

I had to leave my house for a few days for fumigation and chose Best Western near work for myself and my cat to stay. This hotel was very nice and met my needs. The staff was very friendly and the room was clean and comfortable. There were plenty of restaurants in the area and I was close to work. I will definitely recommend this hotel.

ct
Reviewed March 19, 2014

This is a nice property. It is an inexpensive hotel but clean and nice. Away from downtown San Diego. Easy to reach from I - 8. Area has restaurants - grocery - Health food stores, car wash and gas stations located nearby.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

OAKLAND, United States
Reviewed March 8, 2014

John was really helpful during my check-in. He gave me a better discount then what I got from Southwest. The room was huge, looked clean and smelled fresh. The bed was huge and very comfortable and so were the pillows. There were some shady characters outside, but I was there for two days and just was in and out of my room. Overall, I had a great experience and would stay here again.

Yorba Linda, Ca
Reviewed March 5, 2014

Actually we had to cancel due to weather conditions. However, owner was very understanding that is why we stay there year after year after year. We have grandchildred who golf at Sycuan Golf Resort and we choose to stay at Best Western Courtesy Inn in El Cajon. Thank you.

Room Tip: Does not apply
Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Yucca Valley
Reviewed March 3, 2014

My family and I were completely dissatisfied with our stay this hotel and will not stay here again nor will we recommend it. The room itself stunk with the smell of cigarettes, so bad that it gave me a headache upon entering it. The blankets on the bed had cigarette burns on them and were poorly patched. There were permanent residents living in the hotel rooms and loitering outside in a threating and unwelcoming manner. The hotel staff was rude when I brought up my concerns and did nothing to put me at ease. The continental breakfast was nothing like it described on the website. The eggs, were hard boiled eggs sitting in a fridge and the toaster did not work properly.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Parksville, Canada
Reviewed February 26, 2014

Shouldn't be a Best Western. Stayed on 2nd floor, some kids must have been left alone above usbecause at midnight they were jumping, running and generally creating havoc. Parents came back about 45 minutes later and they settled down somewhat but still lots of loud voices. I should have called the front but my husband slept through it and I didn't want to wake him up as well.. The continental breakfast was in a wee room behind the office. A "resident" of the motel came in while we were having toast and filled her hoody and pockets with anything and everything. She came a 2nd time and grabbed 5 milks and more pizza pockets. Having longterm renters kinda brings it down. Sketchy neighorhood. They have reno'd and it's as nice as they can make it but an old building. Lots of noise from complex behind. Gentleman who came on at 7am was very helpful and nice. Older lady who checked us in was also nice but appeared suspicious of us?, might have been her way?
Wouldn't stay in this place again. If not for the neighbours above us and the odd woman who clearly was pilfering from the breakfast area it have been OK.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Ayres Lodge Alpine
#1 of 2 in Alpine
Best Western Santee Lodge
Best Western Plus La Mesa San Diego

Been to Best Western Courtesy Inn? Share your experiences!