“Good Value for the price”

Best Western Courtesy Inn
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in El Cajon
Grapevine, Texas
“Good Value for the price”
Reviewed November 23, 2012

We stayed there 3 nights and the room was huge and clean. The staff was friendly and helpful. Appears they were fixing up the outside which could use some cleaning on the walkways. The breakfast was very good. They had a large assortment of food to choose from. We would stay there again. We did see one cockroach but anyone who has grown up in San Diego knows you can hardly escape them.

Room Tip: King bed allows for a bigger room.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
East Peoria, Illinois
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I thought this Hotel was very good especially for the very low rate they charged me. I couldn't believe how nice the room was for the price. We had come to San Diego for my sweet brother's funeral who was a missionary in Tecate. We had to stay for 4 nights along with my husband and one of my brother's who stayed in our room with us. My other brother and his daughter and grandson stayed in the room next to us. I had stayed in the Super 8 for one night in El Cajon and it was absoutely terrible - felt very unsafe there. I went over to the Best Western Courtesy Inn on the reccomendation of my niece who lives in El Cajon late around 11:00 pm and spoke with a wonderful young man who works the night shift and is the auditor named Octavio, he was so nice and helpful to me and gave me a room reserved for the next four days and one for my brother that I requested right next to us. He offered me the same low rate for all the four nights even through the week-end. I couldn't believe how nice & clean the room was for such an unbelievable price. Also, Deborah and Annie who worked the desk were awesome - so nice and friendly. The housekeepers were also so very nice and helpful, especially Lourdes -she was so sweet & friendly. The Owner of this Best Western is Blessed that they have such wonderful employee's - they are an asset to your Hotel. I can't imagine someone saying in another review that the staff wasn't friendly - maybe those people should examine themselves and how they come across and their attitude. I also liked that the Hotel was fairly small and kinda back in a secluded area - I felt safe. As far as the police coming there one time when a previous guest wrote a review - that can happen anywhere. My husband was an auditor at night for the Courtyard by Marriott an upscale hotel some years ago and had to call the police numerous times, because there is always going to be that element of people regardless. Anyway, Thank you to all the staff that works here and for making our stay enjoyable for us when it was such a sad time in our lives. I would definately reccommend this Best Western. Sincerely, Mary Ann G.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
DESIREE M, Front Office Manager at Best Western Courtesy Inn, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Thank you so very much, Mary Ann, for such a refreshing review! It really does mean a lot to our staff to hear how much they are appreciated, and I will definitely be passing on your praises. I am glad that you were able to feel comfortable during such a hard time that you must have been experiencing.
I especially appreciate you taking the time to note that not all bad situations can be avoided, no matter how hard we try or where you are.
I hope that things are looking up for you and your family, that you have a great holiday, and of course know that we will be here to welcome you with a smile, should you ever be in the area again!
Big Bear Lake, California
Reviewed July 26, 2012

I'm sorry to hear that someone gives this place a One Star for customer service (unfortunately, those things happen every now and then). I would actually give this place a 3-1/2 Star rating (comparing to the Hotel Del in Coronado). The rooms are attractive, comfortable and have been remodeled. They have ALL of the amenities that anyone would need to stay for one night or a week or more. The outside hallways and elevator are neat and clean (for a motel), and the customer service was wonderful. Although the motel is small, it was cozy and amidst trailer parks. All was quiet...have no complaints! I will be back. Thank you, Patricia :)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Hello Patricia! Thank you so much for your praises. We make every effort to ensure that each guest has a pleasant stay, and I am very happy to hear that you were able to experience this. I am also very glad that you will be staying with us again soon, we would love your return business! Cant wait to welcome you! Have a great Holiday!
Redlands, California
Reviewed June 21, 2012

This has to be the worst motel I have ever stayed at! The receptionist was completely useless and completely defaults on the fact that she's just a receptionist and has no authority to do anything. First, the prices are outrageous for a motel. I paid for a suite, assuming that it was going to be accommodating for 3 people and it was the size of my closet, not to mention the fact that it smelled like sewage. And to top it all off, there was a blood stain on my sheets. When I presented the picture of the blood stain to the office and asked for a refund, they simply stated that because I had an internet reservation with bestwestern.com, it was considered a third party so they could not refund my money back. I ended up checking out the same hour I checked in and lost $350 for a two night stay in their so called "suite". If I could give this place 0 stars, I most definitely would. One star is being way too generous. There was another customer that overheard my situation that told me that the same thing happened to him and he was stuck there. I know for a fact that I'm not the first and won't be the last person that this happens to, so if you value your money and have any standards whatsoever as far as sanitation, stay away at all costs!!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank nina d
I greatly apologize for your disatisfaction, Nina! We do have 2 types of suites at our property: A King size Jacuzzi Suite and 2 room Family Suites. Our 2 room Suites are the size of 2 rooms, I wonder if perhaps you didn't locate the second room.
Our refund policies have changed since your stay, I do hope that you will consider staying with us again to give us another chance to impress you with our rooms and service. I would suggest calling me direct, rather than booking online. It sounds to me that you either booked and PAID through another website, in which case we would not be able to refund, or that you booked a special internet rate that had a 7 day cancellation policy. Because of your unique situation, please ask to speak with me and I will do my best to accomodate you to your satisfaction.
Thank you again for your feedback, we always appreciate this, as it allows us to constantly improve. Have a great week!

Travelers are raving about these El Cajon hotels

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed June 4, 2012

I Have used this hotel for past 6 weeks and have found it to be generally consistent in good service and usually clean rooms. Bathroom clean as expected. Showers with strong water flow. Free Continental breakfast have a lot of variety.Very nice staff with excellent customer service! . Excellent service like this was standard.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank alex v
Thank you very much, Alex, for all of your commendations! I acknowledge that you have many options of places to stay and am grateful that you continued to choose us. We strive to provide the best experience possible and I am glad you were able to appreciate that. I hope to see you again in the near future!
Big Bear Lake CA
Reviewed March 19, 2012

Stayed at this Best Western Courtesy Inn in El Cajon, poor internet reception, left for dinner, came back to find the police on the property looking for someone. Had someone knocking at our door at 3:30 am or so asking to "let me use your cell phone, my girlfriend has my phone...", strange way to be awakened. Would not suggest staying there

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
I appreciate your review. I would like to note that while East County San Diego, in general, is not known as the fanciest of areas, by comparison our location is frequently noted as above average.
I am very sorry that your internet connection was poor. We did recently upgrade our system on the first of June and it is top notch!
I do notice that you rated us with 3 or 4 stars in every category, and would very much like to see you again to give us another chance to impress!
Thank you again, and have a great Holiday Season!
St. George, Utah
Reviewed October 1, 2011

Spend a few more dollars and stay somewhere else. Room, supposedly recently renovated,contained soiled bed spread along with soiled carpet & chairs. A very unpleasant experience overall including the "people" who either own or mange it. Never again...would rather sleep in the car..it would at least be cleaner!!

Room Tip: Stay in a different hotel!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank rjredeemed
I am very sorry for your disatisfaction. We have made, and are always continuing to make improvements and upgrades to our property, especially in the year since you were a guest here. Specifically to your comments, we have replaced all of our chairs and are about half way though replacing the carpeting in all of our rooms. If you are in the area again, I would greatly love to impress you with our new improvements. Please ask for me and I will personally take care of you! Have a great Holiday!
Also consider these accommodations in or near El Cajon
Americas Best Value Inn - El Cajon / San Diego
Ayres Lodge Alpine
Ayres Lodge Alpine
#1 of 2 in Alpine

Been to Best Western Courtesy Inn? Share your experiences!