Best Western Continental Inn
$149
Courtyard
$63
Travelocity
All reviewsfuture tripsrooms are nicewestern hotelshome away from homepool and hot tubeasy accessgreat customer servicecerealcableiron
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 11, 2010

When I checked in, the woman at the front desk seemed to be put off that I came in to check-in around 3pm. She was very short and didn't even offer to provide directions to my room. I had to ask her where to go. One of the bath towels had blood and other stains on it. Not the best place to stay in El Cajon.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed April 26, 2010

The hotel is right off the freeway. The rooms are clean and nice sized. But they do not have DVD players. And the pool was rather dirty and the Jacuzzi was ICE COLD!! When called the front desk about it they claimed the heater was on high. However looking through the gate at the heater you could see it was on LOW.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 6, 2010

We have stayed at this hotel for a number of years, usually for four or five days. The rooms are clean and comfortable. Even the rooms near the highway are surprisingly quiet. The free breakfast is very nice ( hard-boiled eggs, cereal, pastries, juice, fruit, coffee) and the breakfast room is always spotless. The staff is consistently helpful and cheerful. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed January 24, 2010

The location was very convenient to the freeway. Continental breakfast actually included eggs, juice and cereal which makes it easy to start the day with activities rather than searching for breakfast. The rooms were clean and housekeeping was prompt in delivering extra towels. Would recommend this as a nice place to stay if you're looking for an affordable room with great access to the area.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed October 25, 2009

My Dad and I checked in around 12:30am. The 1st room was on the bottom floor in the old building. I walked in & noticed 2 roaches so I walked back out and told them I wanted another room. The night attendant made it seem that it was an inconvenience but put me in another room (in the old bldg). That 2nd room smelled, not like cigarette smoke but some other type of smoke, couldn't figure it out. All was good until the following morning when I took a shower. It was nice for about a min then the water got really hot then really cold then really hot, and continued until the end of the shower. Later that day, I spoke ot the person at the desk, long story but he moved me to the bldg across the way. The room was a suite & didn't smell so I was pretty happy after that.. However, my cousins stayed in the Holiday Inn Express in La Mesa and for an extra few $, I will stay there next time.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family