“Best Western Great Deal”

Best Western Continental Inn
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in El Cajon
Apple Valley
“Best Western Great Deal”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

I was recently in the El Cajon area to participate in a Poker Tournament- I needed a local hotel that would not break the pocketbook.
I booked at Best Western Continental Inn base upon valued and location.
Great decision on my part.
The price was a bargin - and it provided a great place to stay.
Good location, clean rooms, and very friendly and helpful staff.
Comfortable Beds - and a decent breakfast is included.
I will must certainly be a repeat customer.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Virginia
Reviewed June 13, 2013

This Best Western is right off I-8 freeway. The room amenities were dated, but the room was very clean and the bed comfortable. I put the wall AC unit fan on and could not hear the traffic - slept well. The rooms open to the outside - not my favorite when traveling alone. The area around the hotel of just OK; gas station very near the front entrance of hotel. The continental breakfast was good. The staff at the front desk and breakfast area was very nice. The Denny's across the street was easy to walk to and food was great. i would stat again for one night or if i was with a traveling companion.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Athens, Alabama, United States
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Admittedly, my husband and I went to this place because we found a bargain on the internet. We should have kept right on going and not stopped. There was a used hypodermic needle in the parking lot, as well as a lady sitting on the grass who had consumed a large bottle of alcohol. The latch was broken on the door, so we felt the need to put heavy furniture in front of it for some added measure of safety. The bed was very uncomfortable. Walls were thin, and we could hear the conversation in the room beside ours. I would not recommend this place at all.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Connie P

Travelers are raving about these El Cajon hotels

San Diego, California
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I frequent this Best Western often, for a number of reasons -- the helpfulness of the staff, the pleasantness of the personnel, the cleanliness of the room, the comfort of the beds, a very nice pool and jacuzzi area (possibly the nicest, definitely the warmest, jacuzzi I have had the pleasure of enjoying, and so much more. The prices are very reasonable for the quality that you receive, and, I sincerely am looking forward to My next visit, which will be soon.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

Due to some personal engagements in the greater San Diego area, we have been staying here repeatedly in the last several months. It is our preferred place to stay because of the location (ease of access to the greater San Diego & El Cajon area), the pricing, and the staff friendliness.

The rooms are straightforward & clean, with the standard amenities. The morning meal fixings make it simple to grab a quick bite & be out & about for the day.

The rooms have been getting updates this year, with new flat screen tv's & new mattresses, which are definitely appreciated.

• Stayed May 2013
Monterey, California
Reviewed April 15, 2013

But I will list out a few things that I find important:

The carpet with clean. Walked around a bit without shoes or socks. No stickiness or yucky feeling on my feet. Although I still preferred to wear booties.
The bathroom was clean. No mold or mildew. No slow draining tub. Good water pressure and heat. No dish to hold the bar soap next to the sink; not a big deal. But water and suds got all over the immediate counter.
Had a refrigerator and microwave. The microwave was very weak.
Bed was acceptable. No bed bugs. Average firm mattress.
The motel is sandwiched btwn the highway, which is hidden behind tree, and the main streets of El Cajon. Something to keep in mind of you're a light sleeper. Target is down the road if you need to grocery shop; Starbucks was a block away. The city's mall and downtown were a close drive as well.
All in all-would I ever return? Prob not. Chose this spot originally cuz the husband and I were there for business and we were not familiar with the area. This motel was very close to where we needed to be, and I get BWestern rewards. There is a second BWestern in town. When we're back next month, we'll check that place out unless there is a huge difference in cost.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank AntnttaJ
Apple Valley, California
Reviewed March 28, 2013

BW Continental INN has become my hotel of choice in the San Diego area.
Great prices and good location.
It is an older Best Western - but clean and comfortable.
Great location - only 20 minutes to the beach and 20 minutes to Syscuan Casino (my favorite)
Very friendly and helpful staff.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near El Cajon
Best Western Courtesy Inn
#3 of 15 in El Cajon
Mission Valley / Hotel Circle
Best Western Seven Seas
Best Western Seven Seas
#140 of 278 in San Diego

Been to Best Western Continental Inn? Share your experiences!