“Best deal in the San Diego Area”

Best Western Continental Inn
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in El Cajon
Reviewed June 5, 2012

I am a repeat customer at this hotel.
Excellent staff that makes me feel welcome and very anxious to ensure all my needs are taken care of.
Excellent prices.
Great location with easy access to San Diego and the Indian Casinos in the east county.
Older hotel but well kept.
I will continue to stay here on future trips to the San Diego area.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Mike L
CONTINENTAL101, Manager at Best Western Continental Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2012

We appreciate your comments, and also thank you for the time you took to write this review.

Thank you very much.

Reviewed May 23, 2012

This was the worst hotel I have ever been to in my life, don't let the photos on the websites mislead you at all! This Motel, yes I said Motel because this is not a hotel is located in a chevron gas station. Don't trust these other people and their reviews they were made by the people that work for the hotel apparently because believe me when you drive up to this place you will be disgusted with the appearance. Late at night there are prostitutes and drug dealers in the area, do not stay in this hotel! Do yourself a favor and book any other hotel in another area, especially if you come with a family.

Room Tip: Run! Don't even book this hotel because they do not do refunds, only crappy hotels don't do...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Hannah H
BestWC, Manager at Best Western Continental Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2012

All of our positive reviews are from guests who trust our hotel; some of them are regular guests whose only choice when traveling in the area is our hotel. We are one of the nicest and safest hotels in the area.

We are very sorry to see that you were not satisfied with our service, and we apologize for any inconvenience you had during your stay. I wish we had the chance to talk to you during your stay to make it a better experience. If you ever come back to the area please let us know, we will make everything possible to ensure that you have a very positive experience.

We appreciate your feedback.

Thank you.

Reviewed April 16, 2012

This is the third review I have written for this hotel and I am glad to say it is still the best value in El Cajon. We usually visit in January when it is relatively quiet but this year we were there in March when it was much busier. The breakfst room was still spotless and well-maintained even when full.The rooms are clean and quiet, even the ones near the highway. The staff is geat. Bernadette tracked me down when I got a phone call and Pablo is always smiling. The manager, Eddie, has helpful suggestions when I ask for information. It will continue to be my hotel of choice in the San Diego area

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank MountP
Reviewed March 18, 2012

The hotel is older, but always kept in good condition. The beds are comfortable & the rooms clean. The continental breakfast is more than just that. We stay here whenever we visit San Diego because it's close, convenient & a good "home base". We have always found the staff helpful & courteous.

• Stayed: March 2012
3  Thank amlabs12
Reviewed February 19, 2012

Room was old and needed to have a good cleaning and coat of paint. The door didn't meet so cold air came into the room The bed was comfortable. Easy access to the freeway but not too much noise downstairs. The all suite side (only side in pictures) would have been a better place but for the price NO! Check in was quick and easy. The night clerk was not very helpful. This is the way it is, what we gave you is what you get no consideration to needs! Not very helpful. The room had good amenities fridge, coffee maker, microwave, hairdryer, free wireless. Nice the variety (waffles, sausage, toast, muffins, coffee, juice, etc.) BUT . . . I didn't try the complimentary breakfast as you could not take anything to the room! :-(

Room Tip: Suite building is MUCH better BUT much higher priced!
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Dan Y
Reviewed February 2, 2012

Clean rooms, comfortable beds, excellent service, and easy access to the freeway all for an affordable price. After a late flight in to San Diego I arrived at the hotel around midnight. The staff was friendly and check in was quick and easy. My room was conveniently located on the ground floor, and I was able to park right in front of my door. Inside I found a very clean room with all the amenities (fridge, coffee maker, microwave, hairdryer, free wireless, it even had a private patio out back!). I didn't try the complimentary breakfast until my last day, and I was surprised at the variety (waffles, sausage, toast, muffins, coffee, juice, etc). I will definitely be staying here again on my next trip to San Diego.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Laura S
Reviewed January 30, 2012

Nice hotel, close to I-8 and San Diego! I loved the breakfast, which I heard was recently upgraded; my kids loved the fresh waffles and the sausage :) rooms were nice, and the price was even better.

We enjoyed our stay!

Best Western Mission Bay
Best Western Mission Bay
#120 of 278 in San Diego
Best Western Plus La Mesa San Diego

Been to Best Western Continental Inn? Share your experiences!