WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Sycuan Golf Resort

Sycuan Golf Resort
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in El Cajon
rainb0wtraveler
“Very nice hotel, comfortable!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2014 via mobile

We had a great view of the golf course from our room on the ground floor. It was nice and restful. Rooms were a good size and the bathroom was huge! Loved the double sink and separate shower. Might be better to get a room on the 2nd floor - at ground level, I could hear the couple above me pacing back and forth but overall, this was a pleasant stay.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank rainb0wtraveler
Sycuan_Resort_Team, Public Relations Manager at Sycuan Golf Resort, responded to this review, October 1, 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay with us, we are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Sycuan!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Redondo Beach, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2014

A little outdated but nicely kept - quiet, relaxing, just outside San Diego and not too far from LA. Good little getaway and great value for the price. Pools are refreshing and the restaurant food is decent, though the service is a little slow...but that's what you're there for, right? I'm happy with my visit and would consider again.

Room Tip: Pretty quiet property so seems you can't go wrong no matter what room you're in.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Viaggiaro
We are so glad you enjoyed your quiet getaway at Sycuan. We hope to see you again for another relaxing stay.
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2014

We had to spend one evening in El Cajon and this was the closest place. The room was surprisingly nice, actually large, with a balcony overlooking a putting green. The bathroom was very nice-sized as well. The rooms face the golf course, so all you hear at night is muffled traffic; in the morning you may hear golfers. Both the reservation staff and the front desk people were very pleasant.

The place would be perfect If it wasn't for 1) the loud in-wall air conditioning and 2) the fact that you can only get two queen beds (no kings are available unless you get a suite).

If you are ever unfortunate enough to have to spend a night in El Cajon this is the place.

Room Tip: Top floor.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Sycuan_Resort_Team, Marketing Manager at Sycuan Golf Resort, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
We are glad you were pleasantly surprised and enjoyed your stay. Most of our guests enjoy how quiet and peaceful it is at our property, a great place to relax even if you are not a golfer. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are visiting El Cajon!
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2014 via mobile

Our golfing group of 10 this year had another fabulous time using Sycuan G&TR as our base. In last year's review I mentioned the need for free WiFi. I'm really pleased to say Sycuan Management sincerely reads and responds to Tripadvisor comments. This year - free WiFI! And we're not talking about some cheap installation; I ran a speedtest on my iPad and clocked a serious 22 Mps. Worked great videostreaming with my Slingbox app.
Other improvements noted were the large HD TV screens in the lounge, the golf range, and on the courses. Compared to the other courses we played this week (La Costa, Steele Canyon, Barona), the Sycuan courses were in superb shape.
As always, the food and staff in the dining room were terrific. Besides the Wednesday Pasta nite, we also enjoyed Friday's Steak & Potato nite. We'd like to suggest bringing back the Monday Lobster nite!
Our week long stay includes a golf staycation package when we can play both courses on one day. We also received a golf clinic. Besides offering some valuable tips, golf director Clint made the short game lessons fun and enjoyable.
Plans are underway for our 2015 trip.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Gary W
Thank you for your review! We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed using our free Wi-Fi, as well as our other amenities, we are very proud of these improvements. Thank you for choosing Sycuan Golf Resort for your group, we look forward to seeing you in 2015!
Birmingham, Alabama, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014

My high school reunion was hosted here so I booked a room rather than drive back to my parents' home.
The front desk staff were very courteous, very friendly, and quite helpful.
I was a little apprehensive because the exterior, while well maintained, doesn't look too different from when I was a kid.
What a pleasant surprise!
My first floor corner room was gorgeous, very spacious, clean, and had a great view! I don't often take a photo of hotel rooms but I did this time. It was such a nice room.
I compared my photos to their website and judging by the website pictures, I guess I had a one bedroom suite. I'm surprised, given the low rate I paid. So I'd say it is an even better value!
I didn't golf, but I heard from some of my former classmates say they had a really good time on the course.

Room Tip: The corner rooms/one bedroom suites have great light and nice views!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
San Diego, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014

Had never been to this resort/casino before, so I pictured in my head the huge 5-6 story hotel types similar to Pechenga here in SD area. As we pulled up I thought we were in the wrong place, but no, this was actually it.... a cute small cozy hotel around 5 minutes drive up the road from the actual casino. We stayed only one evening, attended a concert at the small theater at the casino. (Horrible smokey casino with pretty shady looking customers.) The free shuttle drove us to/from the venue. Did not have a chance to experience the spa or bar on site.
The room was large with 2 Queens, and room for a roll away if you need it... Nicely updated and had a great view over the golf course / pool. I would come to the resort again, but stay clear of the casino...

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank parka
Anaheim, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2014

Oh my G!!!! Took my sister here for the "Mixed Double" package which included the 1 hour spa massage and the hotel room and it was so awesome I took my husband here the next weekend!!! The beds engulf you to dreamland! The showers are awesome and consistent hot water no matter what time of the day it is. You are taken to the casino via a shuttle whenever you need to go. We also tried the breakfast at the hotel restaurant and the Belgian waffle was PERFECT!!!! Already looking forward to our next weekend at Sycuan Resort. My only request is to look into changing that 400pm check in time, wow it is a long wait...

Room Tip: The check in time is at 400pm, plan to stay at the casino throughout the day until checking in, also...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
#3 of 14 in El Cajon
BEST WESTERN Continental Inn
Holiday Inn San Diego - La Mesa
BEST WESTERN Lamplighter Inn & Suites at SDSU

Been to Sycuan Golf Resort? Share your experiences!