“Relaxation...” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3007 Dehesa Road, El Cajon, CA 92019   |
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in El Cajon
“Relaxation...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

First time here and we plan on staying again! We were in town for a golf tournament at another course...The staff at check in were friendly, something you want to begin your stay with...Our room was clean, up to date in decor and cozy! Our balcony overlooked a green...a cool, refreshing way to spend an afternoon before our day on the course! We plan on returning in March for the same tournament!!

Room Tip: Upstairs...balcony is relaxing...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Calgary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

Both non-golfers we were looking for a nice hotel close to the Tecate border crossing. We enjoyed the Sycuan so much we stayed an extra night. Our room with a king bed was huge with a patio on the 16th hole of the par 3 course. Staff were attentive, and the on site restaurant excellent and never busy. We will definitely stay there again!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for a wedding that was at the resort. I have to say first the wedding was spectacular and one of the best I have ever been to. The food at the reception was extremely good and the ambiance of the ceremony and reception was perfect. We booked our room to enjoy the weekend with our friends and family even though we live only a few miles from here. We are already talking about when we can come back (and we don't even golf!).

We had a first floor walkout. It was nice having the patio and made the room feel quite large. My parents had a second floor room with balcony and their ceiling was vaulted and gorgeous. It's a tough call which one I liked better, but I have to admit I think I liked the walkout just a bit more. The room itself is spacious as is the bathroom. The suite I saw had a tub, but the basic room has a shower only. I also saw a corner room with a Murphy bed and wow! It had several windows and would double as a great gathering space for a large group. I believe this is their handicap room, but I am not quite sure.

The views here are stunning and serene. If you are looking for a little more action, the shuttle to the casino is quick and it really does operate 24 hours. We called the shuttle at midnight and it picked us up only a few minutes later right at our door. The return trip at 2 AM was quick.

The pool was a bit outdated, but everything else felt recently updated. I agree with others regarding the cost of the wifi. I would recommend that it be included.

The food at the golf club is very good as well. We ate breakfast there and I can highly recommend the bananas foster French toast.

All in all, every staff member was kind and courteous, the guests all seemed to be having a good time, and it is just gorgeous there. Sure the hotel was built many years back, but the updates make it feel quite new. Come for relaxation and kick it up a notch at the casino if you get bored. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed July 2013
Garland, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

This resort is very peaceful,You get the pool to yourself,know one was ever at the pool.I enjoyed sitting on the balcony in the mornings and evenings.It is very private and peaceful.You can call for a free shuttle to the casino 24hrs a day.This was my second stay here and i love it more each time.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

This was a very nice hotel stay. I have to warn you all that the hotel is not at Sycuan but at the golf course. I first went to the casino. The hotel front registration was very fast and easy. We had a upstairs room with a nice view of the course. The room that we have the balcony was very long it had a table and chairs. The room itself was nice and clean. There was a big desk that is great for someone who needs to work. My favorite part of the room was the very spacious bathroom. The whole room itself was a great size. We fit three adults very nicely. The shuttles come by all the time to take you to sycuan so that was easy. We had breakfast at the restraunt at the golf course the next morning and the service and food was also great. I would reccomend this place.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars
Sycuan_Resort_Team, Manager at Sycuan Golf Resort, responded to this review, July 6, 2013
Thank you for the wonderful review of our Resort! When we renovated our rooms a few years ago we wanted to ensure absolute comfort of our guests ... hence the spacious layout of the bedroom and bathroom. Also note that every room overlooks the golf course!

Come play at Sycuan Casino - just three miles from the Resort. There is a complimentary shuttle that will take you back and forth, 24 hours a day, at your convenience.

Next time, successbythebeach, we encourage you play a round of golf on our fun par three course - Pine Glen.
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

This is my 4th time at the resort. You can read my previous reviews so here's what's new since last April 2013.
We use Sycuan as the base for our week long golf trip. We booked 2 golf packages to play Oak and Willow. There was a mixup with the billings - they charged us extra for power carts. Easy to fix but I prefer not having to spend time checking and resolving.
They have added a new course for golf discus players. Didn't try it out.
Each night we tried different restaurants (8 of us). Without question the best meals were at the Sycuan resort. The Pasta Bar special on Wednesday was awesome. Next year we will first check to see what are the specials and then plan our dinners around them. Drink til you're happy and then saunter back to your room. No designated driver duties required!

Room Tip: We'll continue to keep politely demanding they offer free WiFi.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Gary W
Fourth time at the Resort... Wow, thank you for your loyalty! We encourage you to check our website regularly for golf/hotel/spa packages.

The Sycuan Café and Grille currently has the following specials: Pasta Wednesdays, Brews & BBQ Fridays and Prime Rib Sundays.

Regarding the WiFi - we're working on it! We'll be running a special soon offering free internet to guests who book directly through us. Stay tuned.
Redondo Beach, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

The Sycuan Resort is quite nice. The rooms are very large and comfortable. Food is decent but not more than that (though I heard that the Eggs Benedict were very good). The golf course I played (Oak Glen) was in good condition, very pretty and quite challenging. I have no interest in the casino aspect so can't speak about that. BUT a charge of $9.99/day for WiFi is ridiculous, particularly when most places now offer free WiFi. I think they can get away with it ONLY because it is a couple of miles to get to the nearest free WiFi spot. Still, I'm sure they're making enough on the casino and resort that they could afford to give free WiFi. There are NO porters so you've got to hump your own bags. Choose a ground floor room for that but you'll hear anyone walking above you.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms are nice for access but you hear anyone walking in the room above you. Choose ac...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
#3 of 14 in El Cajon
3.5 of 5 stars 122 reviews
BEST WESTERN Santee Lodge
Viejas Casino & Resort

Been to Sycuan Golf Resort? Share your experiences!