My husband and I stayed here for a wedding that was at the resort. I have to say first the wedding was spectacular and one of the best I have ever been to. The food at the reception was extremely good and the ambiance of the ceremony and reception was perfect. We booked our room to enjoy the weekend with our friends and family even though we live only a few miles from here. We are already talking about when we can come back (and we don't even golf!).
We had a first floor walkout. It was nice having the patio and made the room feel quite large. My parents had a second floor room with balcony and their ceiling was vaulted and gorgeous. It's a tough call which one I liked better, but I have to admit I think I liked the walkout just a bit more. The room itself is spacious as is the bathroom. The suite I saw had a tub, but the basic room has a shower only. I also saw a corner room with a Murphy bed and wow! It had several windows and would double as a great gathering space for a large group. I believe this is their handicap room, but I am not quite sure.
The views here are stunning and serene. If you are looking for a little more action, the shuttle to the casino is quick and it really does operate 24 hours. We called the shuttle at midnight and it picked us up only a few minutes later right at our door. The return trip at 2 AM was quick.
The pool was a bit outdated, but everything else felt recently updated. I agree with others regarding the cost of the wifi. I would recommend that it be included.
The food at the golf club is very good as well. We ate breakfast there and I can highly recommend the bananas foster French toast.
All in all, every staff member was kind and courteous, the guests all seemed to be having a good time, and it is just gorgeous there. Sure the hotel was built many years back, but the updates make it feel quite new. Come for relaxation and kick it up a notch at the casino if you get bored. We will definitely be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sycuan Golf Resort is located in the serene Dehesa Valley, just 20 minutes east of San Diego International Airport. Our relaxing property features 54 holes of Ted Robinson-designed golf nestled among 425 acres of resort accommodations, Red Tail Grill and Echo's Lounge, and the relaxing Primrose Spa. Each of our 100 guest rooms and suites features a view of the golf courses or swimming pools. Sycuan Casino is a short 3 miles away and is accessible by complimentary shuttle. As San Diego's only 3-course golf resort, Sycuan invites you to enjoy the variety of golf and resort amenities we offer, in a picturesque, relaxing location. Sycuan Golf Resort offers all the accommodations and amenities you would expect from a first class destination resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity and Hotwire so you can book your Sycuan Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sycuan Golf & Tennis Hotel El Cajon
- Sycuan Golf And Tennis Resort
- Sycuan Hotel El Cajon
- Sycuan Resort