From the outside, the lodges resemble mid-century motels, but the rooms are comfortable, nicely furnished, and well-equipped, and it was great to have a patio. The very large bathroom had plenty of counter space for cosmetics and gear for two people.
The food's delicious, and the portions generous. The Wednesday night dinner special (with a bottle of house wine at half price!) was a steal, but even the regular prices are very reasonable.
The Oak Glen golf course is an interesting layout, challenging but not punishing, and kept in good shape - but watch out, the greens are sneaky-fast. The golf tournament for which I came was well-organized and the staff was just super. (Pine Glen was closed for maintenance during my stay.)
The service was friendly and accomodating everywhere else, too. Also generally quite efficient, though at times the restaurant and front desk staffs were a bit overwhelmed (the resort was entirely full). Housekeeping was terrific. They knocked on my door very early the first AM, I said please come back after 10:00, and they must have come shortly after then every day, because I never saw or heard them again - just a clean room and fresh towels. That's the way to do it!
As a guest, I had a delightful stay, and I think most of my golf tournament group enjoyed their time on-site as much as I did. But many were not nearly as satisfied with the value they got as I was. I booked my stay on the resort's own web site at well below the group rate - which shouldn't have been able to happen. There were other issues with group room sales and reservations, but I won't go into detail since this is a consumer-oriented site. I'll just invite you to send me a message if you'd be booking a large group.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sycuan Golf Resort is located in the serene Dehesa Valley, just 20 minutes east of San Diego International Airport. Our relaxing property features 54 holes of Ted Robinson-designed golf nestled among 425 acres of resort accommodations, Red Tail Grill and Echo's Lounge, and the relaxing Primrose Spa. Each of our 100 guest rooms and suites features a view of the golf courses or swimming pools. Sycuan Casino is a short 3 miles away and is accessible by complimentary shuttle. As San Diego's only 3-course golf resort, Sycuan invites you to enjoy the variety of golf and resort amenities we offer, in a picturesque, relaxing location. Sycuan Golf Resort offers all the accommodations and amenities you would expect from a first class destination resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz and Priceline so you can book your Sycuan Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sycuan Golf & Tennis Hotel El Cajon
- Sycuan Golf And Tennis Resort
- Sycuan Hotel El Cajon
- Sycuan Resort