“Good sign....the place is always packed!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Izzy's Cafe
Ranked #6 of 310 Restaurants in El Cajon
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
London, United Kingdom
“Good sign....the place is always packed!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

Took my parents for lunch at Izzy's as it is one of the favorite places. As always, the place was packed but one of the servers found some chairs for my elderly parents to sit and wait....but we didn't wait long...the turnover is quick. I had a Mexican Salad with beef and it was absolutely delicious! My parents had BBQ Ham and the dinner portions were large and the portion of ham very generous.....they said it was great. The service is always quick and efficient....but also warm and friendly. Price is right....I recommend it and am looking forward to going for breakfast soon!!

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Diand11

“Great find!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

Saw the review on trip advisor and decided to try it. WOW! FANTSATIC! Had the BBQ plate special. Best I have had in many years. Great smoke and tender ribs and brisket also sweet potato suffle and delish beans.. Served with choice of salad or soup and fritters
. All excellent. Topped off with delish apple cobbler and free ice cream.
Will be back real soon!

Hampshire, United Kingdom
“First-class breakfast !”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

I saw the reviews and knowing a thing or two about what makes a good cooked breakfast, decided to check it out Izzy's, despite the off-Broadway (this is El Cajon, not New York folks...) location. Parked on the street some distance away, the parking slots in front were taken - and hoped I wouldn't get clamped/towed away/shot.

Nothing to worry about - I was welcomed and served coffee as soon as I sat down, despite being from out of town (it did seem a locals' joint), I felt welcome, the menu arrived and I went for the BBQ brisket. Back in England, brisket would only be served for Sunday dinner, not a weekday breakfast - glad I did - what a treat !!

The dish arrived quickly with perfectly cooked country potatoes (crispy on the outside and just large enough to be soft inside, with two tasty easy-over eggs. The Mesquite sauce was excellent, with Cholula was on the table too, hallmark sign of a good breakfast place. With two slices of wholemeal, sorry, wholewheat...) toast, there was plenty to eat, but I still cleared the plate. Delicious home-style cooking at its very best. $15 including tip bought a wonderful breakfast with attentive service, coffee always refilled without having to ask.

If you are into fishing, I'm sure the proprietor has a yarn or two to tell too !!

Thank you Izzy's, I'm so glad I visited, better than Perry's or the iHop (and they are pretty good too)...next time in El Cajon I'll be back - recommended !

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Fun2Fly
Huntsville
“Great breakfast spot”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012

fast service, good portions! I enjoyed breakfast here with friends while in San Diego county for my niece's wedding. I plan on returning to Izzy's when I visit again!

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
East Peoria, Illinois
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Little Cafe”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

This was a GREAT place to eat. Can't say enough for it. The food was so GOOD and generous portions. The owner and the the servers were sooo nice and friendly and accommodating. Wow, what a great little cafe!!

Visited August 2012