“Not a hidden jewel, no real complaints”

Days Inn San Diego-East/El Cajon
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in El Cajon
“Not a hidden jewel, no real complaints”
Reviewed December 30, 2009

Stayed with friends. Updated room great but carpet heavily stained and not a clean as a fairfield inn. Great for the $ though and having never traveled to the San Diego area (from Dallas suburbs) it seems like a fine location (I'm 25 yr old female traveling with a 23 yr old male and 24 yr old female). Bed was comfy enough. Denny's next to hotel, cheveron across street, walmart and target right down the highway. Quiet though I did see a party going on downstairs across from our room (high school kids from the looks). I was hoping for more bang for my buck but I can't complain. Ill prob stay again unless I can get better with naming my own price @ priceline. ;-)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Huntington Beach, CA
Reviewed September 30, 2009

I am writing to commend one of your employees on going above and beyond and to say THANK YOU to him! Neil Paton

On Sunday September 27, we were enjoying the breakfast in the lobby. I was talking to the lady on duty and mentioned to her that we were going to the Chargers game in San Diego. Neil overheard and started talking to me about parking. He told me to park in the trolley area (on the EAST side he said, NOT the West!) and proceeded to give me detailed instructions on where to go, which exit, where to walk, etc. He even went as far as to map quest it for me after writing down directions.

I want to say THANK YOU NEIL!!! Your tip helped us out soooo much! I was laughing and telling my husband "It is ok! Calm down! Neil said we would freak at the line. That is the WESTBOUND line, he said "Don't freak out when you see the line, pass it and go to the Eastbound line" " When I told my hubby that he laughed. Thank you sooooo much! You saved us countless amounts of time as well as the hassle of parking and getting out of the lot! We were on the trolley, in our car and on the freeway in less than 30 min. after game ending! Thank you so much!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
honolulu
Reviewed June 29, 2009

My husband and I thought the room was very clean and large. Close to restaurants and the shopping center was close by which is a big plus. I didn't get to try the continental breakfast , had no time. Pool an d jacuzzi looked inviting but had no time for that either.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank aprildayHonolulu
Midvale, Utah
Reviewed November 2, 2008

I'm a Regional Sales Representative and I travel the total west coast so, I believe my review has a pretty good picture of the quality of the El Cajon Days Inn. So, here it goes...
The rooms are newly remodeld and the beds are very comfortable, brand new and have those nice comfy /decorative pillows. I also find the staff very pleasant and easy to stay with. I also like the location being just outside San Diego on a major highway. There is pleanty of good restuarants near by and you can be at the famous San Diego zoo with-in minutes. And, there is a Dennys in the connecting parking lot. You would not find a better room in the San Diego area for three times the price you'd pay here. I have been traveling there for 2 years.

• Liked — the beds
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank BagbyHotspringsTrail
Topeka, Kansas
Reviewed March 13, 2007

Nothing to brag about. Nothing to really complain about either. It was reasonable priced (50ish + tax). The room was clean, but somewhat dated. It had a mini-frig and microwave. Didn't try the pool. The spa was functional and sufficiently warm. Can't speak for the cleanliness of either. The continental breakfast was the average spread (mostly carbs). Seemingly high speed internet access in the lobby (free). Didn't bring the laptop, so I can't speak about the availability or range of wireless. The Days Inn sits right next to the interstate (I-8), but we didn't suffer any noise backwash. Neither from that, from other guests, nor from the neighborhood.

We weren't looking for anymore than we got for the price. I gave this a 3, but for us, it was more like a 3 1/2.

• Stayed February 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Rancho Cordova, CA
Reviewed May 14, 2006

Not having time to research lodging in the area for a last minute trip, I went with Days Inn since they are generally clean, quiet and cheap. In this case, this was not one of the better locations. In short, our assigned room was right next to a group of young middle Eastern men, doors open, hanging outside, chatting on their cell phones. It made us uncomfortable so we requested a different room. All that was available was a suite for $10 more. We declined to pay the extra amount, so the front desk girl phoned the manager who then said it was okay. Well, the suite was stinky; had a missing towel rack (no place to hang towels); the coffee was offered as two instant coffee packets (please! Even though we rarely drink in-room coffee, this seemed insulting); etc. We did not sleep well as the "new" neighbors next to us were just as loud all night. If I had known it was "right" off the freeway, I probably would've opted for another place.

• Stayed May 2006, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these El Cajon hotels

IMPERIAL VALLEY
Reviewed March 9, 2006

We Stayed for a couple of nights and I was impressed w/ the cleanliness.I am a freak about dust and dirt.So that is #1 for me.Dennys is right there and other fast food places are close by on 2nd street and a little further down on broadway.Its freeway close and the staff was very friendly.The cont. breakfast was what you would expect.I slept in and was over the time cutoff,but the gal at the front desk was more than willing to get me some milk for my 3yr.old.We will stay again on our S.D visits.NOTE: if you are tall the shower head was really low.Plenty of towels and clean beds though.

Stayed December 2005