“Great Service at Check IN, Nice rooms”

Days Inn San Diego-East/El Cajon
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in El Cajon
Dallas Tx
“Great Service at Check IN, Nice rooms”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

My parents came to town last week and the normal room they get was not available
so we decided to try Day's Inn since they were referred to us.
My Parents arrived around 5 pm and we were greeted by a young lady named Cindy.
Very Cheerful, bubbling with smiles and energy. She gave my Parents a AARP rate which was almost what we pay at the other Motel and as we found out for the expanded
amount of food on the Continental Breakfast well worth the price. Cindy made sure she took care of Ground floor we requested, let us know where the room was, told us about the Jacuzzi and Pool ( more benefit a jacuzzi) Cindy made the stay worth the extra dollars. The room was outstandingly clean. We had a coffeemaker in the room which our normal stop has some in roms and other rooms dont. The make it yourself waffles were perfect we did not have to eat at Dennys and saved money We will keep Day's Inn in mind hence if our regular Motel is full

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank PeggyLeg
SynergyHotelGroup, Front Office Manager at Days Inn San Diego-East/El Cajon, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Hello PeggyLeg
We would first like to thank you for your recent stay here with us. We are especially glad to hear that Cindy went above and beyond the standard that we hold our employees to when providing care and customer services to our valued guest. We are glad to hear that the rooms, breakfast and price was what you look for in choosing a hotel and we hope to have you back with us soon and make us your regular hotel choice. We know you have many options and are glad we were able to provide you with our services.

Mallarie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

The friendly and welcoming environment at this hotel was a breath of fresh air! Mike and Lena were there to greet me when I came in after a long flight with a friendly smile and a willingness to help in any way they could. Once I was in my room, there was plenty of space for me to work from the hotel room and get prepared for my visit the following day. Mike was sure to call the room to make certain everything was in working and adequate for my stay. Every time I went to the front desk Mike or Lena was there with a smile and plenty of recommendations. Thank you Days Inn for making my trip to San Diego a wonderful stay!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you Tiffany for your wonderful review.

We are pleased you stay with us for your business trip. It is always good to hear that our front desk staff were exceptional with their work and hold the high customer care satisfaction and we are glad to hear that Mike and Lena were no exception. We hope to have you here back with us again soon in beautiful San Diego. Remember we are only minutes away from many of the attractions likes Sea World, The San Diego Zoo and Downtown.

Mallarie
EL CAJON
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

The best deal was online. You get more bang for your buck that way.The walk up price is good also and is worth every penny.Only problem HBO was messing up for the 1st week of stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

San Diego, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

This hotel was cheap but I wouldn't call it a good value. I would not recommend staying here.

I wanted to find a deal on a place to sleep somewhere near San Diego. This was a same day, short notice reservation. I shopped around on the usual sites. I ended up booking this hotel on the Days Inn website for a pretty good price.

There were some pluses to my stay. The staff was courteous and efficient. The rate included a decent breakfast (cereal, pastries, make your own waffles) and decent wireless internet service. No charge for parking.

But I couldn't get past the big minus: this hotel is old and my room was unpleasant. The room and bathroom were clean. However, the furnishings were worn and the bedding should have been trashed and replaced long ago. I slept ok on the bed. It was comfortable enough. But I'm glad I spent most of my time in the room (only one night) unconscious. The experience was rather dreary.

The location, El Cajon, is another minus in my opinion. It's fairly remote from the rest of the San Diego region. I guess that's why the hotels there tend to be one of the better places to look for bargains. If you consider staying El Cajon, double check that you will be ok with the extra time and gas money you may spend driving to other places. The hotel is easy to get to. It's right off a freeway exit. On the downside that means you do hear noise from the freeway. I didn't find the noise bothersome but some may.

If you do decide on this hotel, ask to see the room they are giving you first and see if you can look at more than one. Perhaps some of the other rooms are in better shape than the one I was in.

Room Tip: Maybe look at more than one room and check the bedding.