“Very Good Food, Wonderful Menu With Nice Warm Atmosphere”
Review of Dolci

Dolci
Ranked #153 of 318 Restaurants in El Cajon
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed April 15, 2014

The title says it all. The restaurant is a very good value. In addition, the staff are all very friendly and competent.

Reviewed January 9, 2014

we went to Dolci with friends because we got a flyer on our car...who knew? Turns out this is a great place, All dishes were delicious... I had the filet mignon, perfectly done... others in our group had surf and turf, and the lamb chops.. all got rave reviews. The appetizers were also yummy.
Have to say, the quality of the food seemed much better than the atmosphere.. the place appears to be a regular pizza joint-ish kind of place, but don't let the lack of ambience fool you. This is a pretty darn good restaurant. Also, the service was amazing, very attentive and concerned to be sure we had a nice evening. For dessert, try the gelato, the portions were huge and they let us taste before buying!

Reviewed September 16, 2013

I am not usually a fan of outdoor seating -- especially as East County is so hot. Most of Dolci's seating is outside, which not only is warm during the late summer months -- but also has it share of bees from the nearby bushes/flowers. Sit inside, if you can (very minimal inside seating).

On to the food...the Pear Salad was phenomenal! I loved the garlic dressing on it. My daughter enjoyed the Nutella french toast. Husband has the Spinach salad with the baked goat cheese and salmon and said he would order it again.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

We had lunch a few days ago. Both the salad and stuffed calzone was very good. Waiter extremely friendly and accommodating. Nice to see this. Will go back again. Only negative, is the parking lot traffic. But we sat outside. Sitting inside would be much quieter. Much better than previous restaurant that used to be there.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I write this review knowing that this is a new restaurant in the area and new restaurants need to work out kinks. So, I went there last Saturday evening for a meal with family. It really did look very inviting from the outside. Loved the seating arrangements offered - you can sit "outside" with heavy plastic storm sheets and heat lamps or you can sit inside. We opted for the heat lamp area and I loved it. I ordered the spaghetti and meatballs, along with a glass of Merlot. The waiter came with bread and Pesto dip. It was really tasty. We ate all the bread and they brought more. The wine never came and I had to go looking for it. Not a problem but not usual either and the waiter did apologize for the delay. I ordered the spaghetti and meatballs. It was a good portion and I was thankful for that as I was pretty hungry. The meatballs were tasteless and parts were overcooked and therefore crunchy. I compare this to the Spaghetti and meatballs at Gaetano's in Spring Valley which is much better. They offered parmesan cheese but took it away. I prefer to have that left on the table in case I want more. I didn't ask. I didn't ask for garlic bread so do not know if that is offered. I will try this restaurant again because I went on a busy night and it is still relatively new. Additionally, I would like to dine at more local spots if I can, rather than those further afield as I usually do.