“Excellent service, clean,quiet room& great location close to Trolley for transportation.”

Relax Inn and Suites
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in El Cajon
Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

Enjoyed our 2 night stay at Relax Inn. Manager very helpful at all times, room excellent for budget accomodation; clean and quiet. Relax Inn is located close to Trolley Car station and next door to two restaurants for easy access to transport and meals. No hesitation on staying there again. Sandra, Melbourne, Australia

• Stayed September 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Las Pinas
Reviewed October 5, 2013

I stayed in one of the second floor rooms. Old furniture. Cracked tiles in the bathroom. Lumpy pillows and old linen. Old TV. Very slow wi-fi. Road noise from the freeway. I am glad that we stayed for only one night. There are other places. Stay away from this one.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank JEmmanuelLasPinas

Travelers are raving about these El Cajon hotels

Orange, California
Reviewed October 2, 2013

The room that was given me was on the second floor. Even being next to the freeway, except for the A/C noise it was very quiet. The room had been just refurbished, new paint, carpet and bathroom. I stayed for 3 nights and look forward to coming back next September.

The only negative was the lack of water pressure in the shower, plenty of hot water but very low pressure.

Room Tip: Two story motel, so 2nd floor is always quieter.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Yuma, Arizona
Reviewed September 18, 2013

upon checking, we where allowed to check inn early by Jay, a very nice employee. We were glad to have everything close to us. This is a very nice property in San Diego county. Our room given to us by Jay was very nice. We stayed at this hotel during our vacation and it was a great stay. We really liked the fact of waking up every morning to a free continental breakfast they offer. I will definitely recommend this place to my friends and family. I will definitely stay here again when in San Diego again with my family.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
San Francisco
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Three words to describe this place: Grungy, Skanky, Yuck.
I stayed here because it had good reviews on TripAdvisor. How it got those good reviews - I have no idea. When I checked in the first night at 1:30 AM I was surprised to discover a grungy, smelly, skanky, worn out old room, shower didn't work, toilet got plugged with normal use. Room did not even meet tolerable standards.
In the morning talked to front desk person (nice lady) and she gave me a better room for second and third nights. Things worked fine in second room (except for two of the lights) and it was less grungy and skanky, but not what I would call pleasant. I would sum up the second room as meeting bare minimum standards. At least there were no bedbugs.
Continental breakfast? Ha! It consisted of one tiny box of cereal, with a sign posted that each guest can take only one.

Room Tip: Avoid all rooms if possible
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank sfoadvisor
San Ysidro, California
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Upon checking-in, we were greeted by David, A very friendly and helpful front desk clerk who helped us throughout our entire stay. The hotel was very nice and quiet and very nice and clean rooms. I really liked the fact that it is next to Denny's, which is my favorite breakfast restaurant. The hotel is conveniently located to all local attractions and casinos. We also enjoyed the swimming pool the hotel had during our stay. The hotel also had washer and dryer facilities which made it easy for us during our stay. I will definitely recommend this place to my friends who are looking to going to San Diego on a trip.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
GuestRelationsDept, Manager at Relax Inn and Suites, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Thank you for posting your great experience at our hotel. It is always our priority to provide our guests with the best service, rooms, and amenities. We thank you for recommending our hotel to any and all family and friends visiting the area, it is greatly appreciated.
Reno, Nevada
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Check in time was 2:00 PM and Check out time was 11:00 AM. When I arrived at 3:30 PM, the room was not ready. I had to wait half an hour more. There is one laundry machine (6 quarters required) for guests. Despite door sign that room is nonsmoking, the room had odor of cigarettes. Most guests smoke outside room. I could not breathe in my room. With the furniture, one drawer was missing, the others were not level and could not easily be opened. The refrigerator temperature was above 40 F and its door did not close, and as a consequence, the vegetables I stored spoiled. The bathroom sink was slow to drain. Television channels are limited but most channels were in Spanish.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
GuestRelationsDept, General Manager at Relax Inn and Suites, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Thank you for sharing your feedback with our hotel. We regret not being made aware of these inconveniences your incurred during your stay. Considering the number of issues experienced we would have happily issued you a new room and assisted you in moving your luggage. Its unfortunate we both were unable to solve this at the property level, however we do want to invite you back to stay with us, as we do not want any of guests leaving our hotel with a bad taste in their mouth. Once again we thank you for sharing your feedback with management as it does us nothing but good to our future guests.