“politics and beer dont mix”
Review of El Cajon Brewing Company - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
El Cajon Brewing Company
Cuisines: American
Alpine, California
“politics and beer dont mix”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I will start by freely admitting that I am a beer snob. So when I heard that a new brewery had opened in el cajon i had to go. My first visit was a disaster! They had been open for several months and you would think they would have the kinks worked out....NO. So I thought well give them some more time and the go back. In between they got involved in the local political fighting due to the fact that they received large amounts of local city money to help get started,and one of the owners is a relative of a local poltical bigwig. Then they promptly filed for bankrupcy. They reopened so I thought lets give it a try. Dont bother! THe beer selection is mediocre at best. The beer they brew needs lots of work before the beer community in san diego will accept it. The food was all over the map. THe fish and chips were good, but everything else was missing part of the order. The french dip didnt have the au jos dip which was OK because the sandwich was already soggy. The pizza did not have the correct ingredients and on and on. I may try it again but not in the following year.

Visited December 2012

San Diego, CA
“Great food, excellent service, reasonable food prices”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

We've been meaning to go to ECBC for months and finally got around to it a couple of weeks ago. We had a couple of beer samples but since we had a long drive decided to forego the beer and drink water.

I ordered a bacon cheeseburger (definitely not a low calory selection!) that came with a bit of BBQ sauce. My wife had a half-chicken which as it turns out is a small chicken (probably a 3 pounder) also with BBQ sauce.

My hamburger was excellent, tasty, and with very fresh lettuce. Due to the BBQ sauce the bread tended to fall apart toward the end but that is a minor issue. My wife's chicken was also very good and she had enough left over for a take home "doggie bag." Try the onion rings as a side. Some of the tastiest I've had. The cost of the two meals was just over $20.

The service was outstanding. Our waitress was polite, fast and very helpful. Each time we asked for an item (like deli style mustard) she either got it or had someone get it immediately. She checked with us occasionally to see if we needed anything and she did this without being obtrusive or overly attentive, something which a lot of servers never seem to quite get. I wish I remembered the waitresses name but I did not write it down and took too long to write this to still remember.

Overall this is an excellent place for lunch. If we'd have beer the cost would have gone up considerably as a beer costs around $5 but it is still a great meal at a great price and with excellent service.

• Visited October 2012
Wall Township, New Jersey
“Brews an chow”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

ECBC brews many beers, I tried 4 today. My rating system is up to 5 stars for beers. Their off duty IPA go 2 stars, which is actually really good, the Rowdy Redneck Red was 1 star, the Blonde and the Breakout 11 Stout are just average or no stars, but most blondes are tasteless, and most stouts are to coffee flavored for me. While I did not have a meal this visit, the food that those around me were eating looked very good. The biggest question is would I return, and the answer is yes.

• Visited August 2012
San Diego, California
“Not bad...”
Reviewed July 14, 2012 via mobile

Came with my family for lunch on a Saturday. Not many people inside. Our service was great and the food was good. I had a great cider and the rest had beer. We all had fish tacos and they were wonderful. Coleslaw was icky. If I go again, it will be in the evening to see if the bar is a little better than the restaurant. I'd like to try the fried pickles.

Dallas Tx
“Great Food and Beer”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Mike at Super 8 recommended this for food and he was spot on the food was great service was terrific we had a lady names Steffani wait on us The Beers were good also

Visited June 2012