“Great food!”

Marechiaro's Italian Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 353 Restaurants in El Cajon
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed August 13, 2014

Stayed in El Cajon this past weekend and I remembered this place from many years of visiting the San Diego area, but never stopped here, what a mistake. Their pasta is amazing, oh my gosh....the second night we decided to order a pizza, and I 've got to say, it was ok, not as good as the pasta.

Will visit again when I'm in the area.

Reviewed July 20, 2014

Food was fresh and delicious! server was beautiful and nice! atmosphere was good and we left very satisfied. We will be back soon.

Reviewed July 12, 2014

I've been coming to Marechiaro's before they moved to their current locations. In the 60s' we'd phone order and have to pick up at their only location, Grossmont, La Mesa Area. There was no delivery then, but it was always worth the drive. I was just at the 2nd Street restaurant yesterday, the food and service was great, as always. Since this restaurant has two locations, you'll never hear of too many complaints about their food, just the parking. Too many people know their great reputation so it's always worth the inconvenient parking or a little wait if you have to.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

My family and I have loved Marechiaro's ever since I was a child in the early 1970's.
We used to dine at the 2nd St. location but since most of my family now lives in Lakeside, we go to the Olde Highway 80 location whenever I'm in town. It is a special treat!
Great location; not so great parking. Wonderful service and you never know who you might run into -old friends, long lost friends, or even new friends!
I prefer the pepperoni pizza; my favorite of all time!
The food is always delicious and very reasonable. I can feed a party of nine adults and one child and not feel like I need a small business loan to pay for it.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

Our meal was ok Spaghetti and meatballs above average, small meatballs seesm to be the Norm in El Cajon. My wife and I both had left overs. We went to the car, before we even got in the car we remembered them, My wife went back in and the waitress said Im sorry we already threw them away. I mean only 3 minutes. Other places we had done this in held the food, and a few even ran out the door to catch us. I had to get to work so I called when I got home and The Owner so he said offered no apology only " why didnt you come to talk to me or a Manager. When I explained we were not gone but 3 minutes he said they dont hold food, Again no applogy Let him know We will never be back What a difference between this Owner and the one on Old Hwy 80 Rudest Man I ever spoke to