“Sub standard”

Black Angus Steakhouse - El Cajon
Reserve with OpenTable
Black Angus Steakhouse - El Cajon is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 321 Restaurants in El Cajon
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Broadway
Description: Great for steak and so much more… Black Angus Steakhouse has built its reputation on providing a Genuine American Steakhouse experience to remember. Our Chefs are proud to serve only Black Angus steaks that are carefully aged, fresh-cut daily, and grilled over an open flame. Our other specialties include a variety of succulent seafood, fall-off-the-bone Baby Back Ribs and our famous slow-roasted Prime Rib. Whatever you're craving, we pride ourselves at Black Angus Steakhouse for superior quality, friendly service, and great food. It's more than a tradition - it's our passion every day.
Reviewed July 22, 2012

My husband was in the mood for a good steak, and remembered we had eaten at a Black Angus in Las Vegas(which was not bad, although all have closed), but this was close to the hotel. The parking lot was full, which is good: however once inside it was not to busy. We waited about 4 minutes for someone to come to the front to seat us. We had a choice of the dining or the bar, which is seat yourself. We chose the bar. Our waitress immediately was at the table, we questioned her about the price of drinks, she was not sure of most prices but did go the extra mile to find out, we chose water. I find most restaurants that do not put in print their prices, they are way over-priced and they were. We ordered the 54.00 special. The bread came out and was very tastety, a good start. The artichoke was dried to the bone, covered in butter, I think to cover-up the dryness. Salads were OK, but the main course, two medium rare rib eyes were dry, over-cooked and a very sad sight. There appeared to be more grizzle than meat. We could not eat it, the taste of grease stuck to the roof of our mouths. This meat was very low quality. We decided to skip the dessert. The manager was very accomodating and tried her best to please, but what can you do when the product is poor quality and the cook does not know when to say I do not accept it.

Reviewed March 29, 2012

I took my mom and her boyfriend here for their birthdays. We got right in. The place was packed and had a very large dining area. I had stopped going to Black Angus many years back because they had really gone down in quality over time. They seem to have their game back now. The breads were delicious. The veggies were good (I remember they used to fail on the veggies when I stopped going). The whole meal was good. The only reason I gave a 4 rating is because even though the steak was good it was such a small portion. But hey, all the other stuff was so good and filled you up it really didn't matter. And for their birthdays the staff brought out a delicious cowboy cookie and sang. All in all, a good time.

Reviewed February 19, 2012

Reasonable priced. Presentation of food was very nice. Arrival of food was good.

Reviewed January 30, 2012

We like Black Angus because we feel that we get a nice meal, in a nice atmosphere, for a good price. We like their selection. The steaks are very good. Last time I had the salmon, which is a favorite of mine. The salmon with house salad makes a good choice for dieters. My husband had the prime rib, which is his favorite, and it is always excellent. I also like the fact that while this is a nice restaurant, you don't feel like you have to get all dressed up to go there.

Our service was excellent, as it has been on all of our visits.

Reviewed September 14, 2011

We didn't have to wait long on a Friday night. We got there around 5:00. They had good happy hour drink specials. Their food was terrific. My dad had baby-back ribs, my brother had steak and shrimp, and I had the prime rib, (the smaller cut). I also asked for real horseraddish. It almost killed me!!! You definately want to go easy on that stuff, but it was awesome! Their desserts are fabulous too. We got the chocolate lovers cake and split it 3 ways.