“Bad Service, Mediocre Food”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Taste of Italy

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
San Diego, California
“Bad Service, Mediocre Food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2012

This place is at a good location with lots of parking, and we were so excited to try the food. We had to wait to be seated despite tables being available. After being seated, we waited 10 minutes for a server. This was at 2pm in the afternoon. The food was nothing to write home about. They didn't have any soup made (again despite it being well into the afternoon). We won't be going back.

• Visited December 2012

San Diego, California
“Taste”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2012

Taste of Italy is right, barely a taste. The food may be plentiful, but the flavor eludes me every time. Lasagna and other pastas are palatable, but nothing special. Pizzas are a fairly safe choice. Nothing to write home about. The atmosphere is appealing, and the service is always pretty good for a small town.

• Visited January 2012
Spring Valley, California
“Good food, and lots of it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

My wife and I go here every few months. The pasta is always good. There are many things there that I like, and others that I have not tried yet but want too. This always makes it difficult to order, because I wish I could get multiple dishes off of the menu.

The restaurant is small and more adult oriented. I would not bring our children because I would not want them disturbing the other people that are there.

When you go, expect to take food home. The portions are huge.

• Visited February 2012
San Diego, CA
“Excellent Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2012

We always forget about Taste of Italy and recently heard that they were under new ownership. We were very impressed with both our meals and their sauteed mushroom appetizer. My clam chowder and my husbands minestrone soup were some of the best we've had. Though there were very few customers (except in the bar) when we arrived, it did take quite awhile for us to be approached for even a drink order. (I remember having this same complaint when we were there a few years ago.) Once we were acknowledged our service was very good. We will definitely be going back and are looking forward to trying many more things off their very extensive menu.

• Visited July 2012
El Cajon, California
“Always a favorite”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2012

We have been to this restaurant numerous times and every time we leave saying, "Man, that was good." The food is delicious and authentic, the waiters are always so nice and helpful and the wine selection is always superb. I love to dress up for dinner and this place allows you to be casual or dressy. It is a little pricey for italian, but it isn't your everyday pizza or lasagna. Mmmm, mmm, mmm, it's just so delicious. I can't wait for a reason to go back.

• Visited July 2012

Been to Taste of Italy? Share your experiences!